Are you mean enough to make this list?

KennyKenCan

Commander
Re: Are you mean enough to make this list?

Well FlatBottoms, <br /><br />I must have missed the humor in your post or something.<br /><br />Sorry.<br /><br />The way I see it is, if you have no self respect for yourself, whats the purpose of continuing on, unless your willing to help yourself!<br /><br />Self pity will get you no further than the grave!

spratt

Lieutenant

Maybe I thought the "wink" face would tell on me?

gaugeguy

Captain

"when the goin' gets tough, and it looks like your gonna lose, that's when you gotta get mean... I mean plum mad dog mean. 'cause if you don't then you neither win nor live"

spratt

Lieutenant

Anyhow, Kenny...how can anyone possibly take a pair of dancing sneakers seriously??? I am with you, dude on your points...and I do not ever WANT to move to NY...been tehre, adn so have the terrorists!!! No thank ya!!! I will stay right here next to the largest Nuclear Submarine base, and hope those ragheads never learn where I am!!!<br /><br />Besides, noone spits on yer windshield at teh stoplights for a buck to clean it off again!!!

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer

Here are my feelings on the homeless. They, just like the blessed people on this forum, are people created in God's image. What that means is that people, like God, are eternal beings.<br /><br />If people believed that, there would be less racism, less social stereotyping, and more concern for those less fortunate than ourselves. They are not "trash" to be swept up and thrown away. <br /><br />Yes, it is true that many of the homeless are hooked on drugs of some fashion. It is also true that they get a free ride based on our hard-earned tax dollars. Who knows the reasons that led them to the streets? Is it their fault that they are there? Probably, but possibly not in some cases (mental disorders). We are American's, by God! Should we "shoot" our wounded (even if self-inflicted by a series of poor choices on their part)? What if, heaven forbid, one of us or one of our children got hooked on some drug and ended up on the streets? Are we/they now considered "trash"? I think not.<br /><br />This attitude that any one person is better than another (based on social status (in our case, the homeless), race, age) is scary. <br /><br />We have to protect the sanctity of human beings. Whether it be the unborn (abortion out of convenience), the homeless (sweep up the "trash"), the elderly (euthanasia - hey, they are costing us too much money. If they get to sick, kill them off), every person on earth is a living soul and needs love and protection.<br /><br />I'm off my "soapbox".

KennyKenCan

Commander

Well FlatBottoms,<br /><br />You just told the terrorists where to attack!<br /><br />You'd best come to NY, the security here is so tight, theres no way they could attack here again. As a matter of fact, there goes another Apache helicopter by my window again, and that .50 cal sure looks menacing!

KennyKenCan

Commander

JamesCoste,<br /><br />I have to admire your faith in your faith, but I for one do not have those same emotions as you.<br /><br />I am sick and tired of having to pay for these people to be medically saved because they have no regard for themselves, or your religious beliefs.<br /><br />It doesn't matter if their mentally derainged or not. It seems pretty obvious, that in most cases, even their own families have given up on them because they don't care about themselves, and they never will. What makes you think that your religious point of view is going to change any of that?<br /><br />I was brought up knowing that only the strong willed will survive and make something of themselves, and that weak will perish, alone and impoveshed!<br /><br />(James, I'm not trying to attack you or your religious beliefs, just trying to understand your point of view better, because I have seen alot of homeless, and alot of religious and non-religious group try to help these people, with absolutly no sucessful results.)

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer

KKC,<br />I don't feel attacked. I respect your differing opinion on this matter. We've all got to decide how we are going to treat other people.<br /><br />You asked, "What makes you think that your religious point of view is going to change any of that?" My only response would be that it sometimes takes an act of God to change a person. Sometimes God uses us to make that impact in somebody's life. Some people will not change irregardless of our concern for them.<br /><br />It's not our responsibility to change people, only to care for them. Of course, I am basing this on my belief of the Bible being our instruction book for life.<br /><br />A couple of references to how we should treat others:<br />- the story of the good Samaritan<br />- the command to love our neighbors<br />- the command to treat others as we would like to be treated.<br /><br />That's enough for now from me.<br /><br />Respectfully posted...

KennyKenCan

Commander

James,<br /><br />Thanks for the honest answer.<br /><br />The thing is, that you have basically come up with the same answer that I did...<br /><br />
Sometimes God uses us to make that impact in somebody's life. Some people will not change irregardless of our concern for them.
That is the point that I was trying to convey, that there are alot of them who will not change, so should they be a continual burden upon society until they die? <br /><br />If so, why do we keep useing tax dollars to save them from killing themselves, which they all seem to crave so much?<br /><br />Just how many times are the taxpayers expected to save someones life?<br /><br />3<br /><br />4<br /><br />10 times?<br /><br />How many?<br /><br />It is my opinion, that after the third or fourth time, its just not worth the expense of the taxpayers to save someone who doesn't want to be saved.<br /><br />In this particular case of the homeless, the line needs to drawn somewhere as to how much help one person could expect from the taxpayers.

Twidget

Commander

I believe Little Rock topped the list because they had to move a boatload of homeless to build the Clinton Presidential library. :) Also, I think they had a big sweep before the opening. <br /><br />Dallas made it because their hobo town under the I45 bridge was dismantled a few years ago. Thats my guess anyway.<br /><br />Here we dont get a lot of snow, but the temps will fall to killing occasionally. Every time, the news crews are out interviewing homeless people who refuse to go to the shelters. They inevitably say they wont go because they cant drink and smoke in them. Go figure.