Are there Owners/Repair manuals for Silverline?

kulardenu

Recruit
I'm a new 1st time boat owner of a 1980 Catalina 16VBR with Evinrude VRO 90HP outboard. Pretty decent shape for it's age. Little issues with Speedo, Tach and Fuel gages barely working. Not to mention there seems to be no bilge pump. Pretty much looking for any help or literature on it.
1980 Silverline Catalina 16VBR.jpg

southkogs

Staff member
Not much in terms of manuals from Silverline. You can read about the company and the boats HERE, HERE and HERE - that last one isn't maintained any longer, but there's some good information there. I had an early 70s Comoro, and really liked the boat. Good cruising boat.

Regarding help on it, just start asking questions. People can point you in the right direction. Might want to ask out in the main forums, not just Silverline specific. That will get you more views and responses.

Welcome aboard.

kulardenu

Recruit
Not much in terms of manuals from Silverline. You can read about the company and the boats HERE, HERE and HERE - that last one isn't maintained any longer, but there's some good information there. I had an early 70s Comoro, and really liked the boat. Good cruising boat.

Regarding help on it, just start asking questions. People can point you in the right direction. Might want to ask out in the main forums, not just Silverline specific. That will get you more views and responses.

Welcome aboard.
Yeah those links are about all I found using Google. So far really liking this Catalina. With that 90 on it really hauls. If I can get the instruments straightened out should good to go! Happy there are no leaks that I can find so far. Thanx for your reply.

tpenfield

Staff member
Welcome to iBoats . . .

Owner's Manuals for boats never seemed to be a thing. . . whatever manuals were provided usually consisted of non-specific information and navigational rules . . . i.e., the pointed end is the front and don't bump into other boats.

So, if you have not found anything via Google searching, it probably never existed. I guess boat owners are supposed to know this stuff already :unsure: :rolleyes::LOL:

Engine manuals are probably the most useful, as well as owner forums, etc.