are there any artic cat gurus on the forum

stresspoint

Ensign
we are having an issue with a artic cat wild cat 1000 .
runs great when working, idles near enough to spot on , checking everything and ticking all the boxes , then out of the blue for no reason appears to go to like a limp mode , back firing from exhaust and will not accelerate..
once it does this it will randomly come good till the first time we try to drive it then its back to playing up .
we have changed , cleaned and checked so many things i would not know where to start posting them.
i will be happy to hear from anyone that has had this problem with any EFI motor and solved it .

thanks in advice for any suggestions where to go from here aside from a gallon of petrol and a match..

stresspoint

Ensign
Don’t know if I can help, is it ok when the motor is cold?
sometimes it seems to come good as the motor has cooled but we do not know if this is a true reading of what's going on as when it plays up we mess more stuff trying to diagnose.
we will be back on it later this afternoon , we threw in the spanners late last night when it played up and nothing has been touched , we will just fire it strait up and see what happens and post back.

thanks for the message , every thing will help at this point

KJM

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I have an arctic cat 500 efi. What you describe sounds like the reverse limiting feature. But its happening in forward? maybe some kind of computer issue or wiring short? Try pressing the reverse over ride when it happens and see if it has any effect.

stresspoint

Ensign
I have an arctic cat 500 efi. What you describe sounds like the reverse limiting feature. But its happening in forward? maybe some kind of computer issue or wiring short? Try pressing the reverse over ride when it happens and see if it has any effect.
thank you for the info on that switch , its been strapped up with cable ties from PO and we have never touched it .
we did not get time yesterday to play but will most likely this afternoon.
will test that switch and get back to you.
? is there a solenoid or the like on the gear box that can be unplugged to eliminate it all together for testing.
the manual is at my mates ATM so apologies for being so vague about the switch.

KJM

Lieutenant Junior Grade
thank you for the info on that switch , its been strapped up with cable ties from PO and we have never touched it .
we did not get time yesterday to play but will most likely this afternoon.
will test that switch and get back to you.
? is there a solenoid or the like on the gear box that can be unplugged to eliminate it all together for testing.
the manual is at my mates ATM so apologies for being so vague about the switch.
I really don't know about how the reverse limiter activates. I only know that it automatically kicks in when you put it in reverse and I think it puts the engine timing off a bit so the engine won't be able to run right and it thus limits the backup speed. The reverse override button disables it only while its being pressed.