Are Mariah Boats any good?

topcop105

Cadet
Hello~

I am considering a 2003 Mariah 19sx with 5.0 liter engine. I am a long time Sea Ray owner but I am really considering this boat. Do they ride similar to other high end boats; Sea Ray, Chapparall, Crownline ect? Are their hulls tough and can they stand up to use on small lakes? What type of materials are used to finish out their interiors. Any other information would be useful because I don't want to get stuck with a bad boat.

Thanks in advance!

tmh

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Are Mariah Boats any good?

OK, no expert here, but I do remember discussions about older Mariah boats and newer ones. the company changed hands and changed the boats quite a bit at some point. Anyhow, from the Mariah forum, i found this. From what has been said, i'd say check the quality carefully and just know what you are buying.

Posted by 180Shabah I think.

Re: Would like information on a 1995 Mariah

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, a quick history here. Mariah Boats Inc. started manufacturing in 1990 and unlike most new companies they did not try to compete with the entry level manufacturers. They aimed at the high end builders like Cobalt. They used the best materials and thier fit and finish was very good, but not perfect(although still better than most). They struggled in this segment of the market, not having any reputation to back up thier quality and price. 11 years later in 2001(not 1995) Mariah Boats Inc. closed thier doors and sold hull molds etc to Sea Fox. There were no 2002 Mariah's. In 2003 the new Mariah Boat Co. started selling the new models. Park an '01 next to an '03 and the differences are quite obvious. Not trying to knock the new Mariah's, but they simply are not in the same class as the originals.

180shabah

Rear Admiral

Yup, that was my post. Looking at one of the "new" Mariahs, they look great, put one side-by-side with one of the "old" one and the differences are obvious. Mostly the differences are in trim and material choices. It is clear that the target market for the new company is different. Again I am not knocking the "new" Mariahs, but they are now more inline with Bayliner or Stingray, But that is OK, because they are priced that way.

Of course after you look at more than say ONE used boat, you will realize that the name on the side is irrelevent. The only thing that really matters is how that boat was treated for the last 5-10 years.

I mean if you take a brand new Mercedes and leave it parked int the driveway with the sunroof open for 5 years, that pampered 100,000 mile Buick starts looking pretty good.

topcop105

Cadet

Thanks for the reply's. I have owned Sea Ray's and I think I would struggle with less than that quality. The Mariah I am looking at is in superior shape and has not spent a day outside & it shows.

The boat has a 5.0 and is a 19sx it has dual captain's bolster chairs.

I think I would offer him $10,500 but I am not sure the guy would take it.

Would that be a good price?

topcop105

Cadet

Thanks for the reply's. I have owned Sea Ray's and I think I would struggle with less than that quality. The Mariah I am looking at is in superior shape and has not spent a day outside & it shows.

The boat has a 5.0 and is a 19sx it has dual captain's bolster chairs.

I think I would offer him $10,500 but I am not sure the guy would take it.

Would that be a good price?