Aquasport rebuild w/pics

drwgblanks

Seaman
Well I had another thread but not many people seemed interested about my mercruiser...lol. Anyway, here's some pics of my transom being torn apart. I have a question for a couple of the elders of the board too. This is a 1977 19.5 Aquasport Family Fisherman. It has a 2.5 liter Mercruiser. I'm going back with a 1997 3.0 out of my Bayliner. I hope these pics post right, this is one of very few times i've tried this.

Attachments

• aquasporttransom.jpg
    aquasporttransom.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 0
  • aquasporttransom4.jpg
    aquasporttransom4.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 0
  • aquasporttransom3.jpg
    aquasporttransom3.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 0
  • aquasporttransom2.jpg
    aquasporttransom2.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 0

drwgblanks

Seaman
Re: Aquasport rebuild w/pics

Oh, btw, this is a pic of the boat now....

Attachments

• aquasport.jpg
    aquasport.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 0

drwgblanks

Seaman
Re: Aquasport rebuild w/pics

And now one of many questions. Ok, the green arrow is the gap between the engine compartment ?stringer? or mounts and the actual stringer for the boat. In other words, the blue arrow is the stringer, the yellow arrow is part of the engine mount stringer. They are seperate as this hull was three piece. My first question is of the red arrow. That is a hole. It goes into the stringer. The hole is on the hull of the boat. Any water that happened to go in that hole would go in the stringer foam. I know it's to probably allow any water to run out, but I was just wondering if it was hurting more than helping. Other question is, when removing the transom wood, etc.... do I need to remove the mat that is connected to the outer skin? I don't have a good picture, but, where the outer piece of ply that is connected to the skin is glassed to it, there is mat between that is partially seperating. But it looks as if it's going to be a pia to get it all the way off. What is necessary here? DId that make any sense?

Attachments

• aquasporttransom6.jpg
    aquasporttransom6.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 0