Aquamarine deck

Baylinerchuck

Commander
Anyone use this material as an alternative to carpet? Anyone use a similar product? I'm curious if your happy with it. Was it easy to install? Cost vs. carpet? Any information would be a huge help. Thanks in advance!!

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Depends on how much money you have, I can't imagine what it would cost to have custom panels for an entire boat made out of that material. https://www.aquamarinedeck.com/

Their fish ruler caught my eye... OMG a 36" ruler made out of that stuff costs 40 bucks! :eek:

fishruler%26pole.JPG

Baylinerchuck

Commander
I figured it was going to be pricey. I thought about doing a snap in carpet for my project, so I'm curious the cost difference. This stuff is way more appealing to me than carpet.

Surely someone on this forum used this stuff....

jbcurt00

Staff member
You do know theres a site search feature at the top of every forum page

Or

You can add site:forums.iboats.com to the end of google search to pull iboats forum only results w a google search

This topic was the only 2 hits I found that werent talking about

Aqua anything else

Or

Aquamarine (the color)

So it would appear no other member has used it.

I used the iboats forum search and the ggole site search.

Give a couple days, sits traffic is down thru the holidays, and guve this a bump if you havent gotten any replies by the New Year.

Maybe ask for it to be moved to the resto forum as it is boat work.....

Perhaps someone is familiar with it, even if they havent used it...

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Someone wanted to use the stuff for a swim platform. I think they determined it was too expensive for stickum backed when peel and stick seldom work well or very long.

Baylinerchuck

Commander
You do know theres a site search feature at the top of every forum page

Or

You can add site:forums.iboats.com to the end of google search to pull iboats forum only results w a google search

This topic was the only 2 hits I found that werent talking about

Aqua anything else

Or

Aquamarine (the color)

So it would appear no other member has used it.

I used the iboats forum search and the ggole site search.

Give a couple days, sits traffic is down thru the holidays, and guve this a bump if you havent gotten any replies by the New Year.

Maybe ask for it to be moved to the resto forum as it is boat work.....

Perhaps someone is familiar with it, even if they havent used it...

Yes I do know there is a site search, and I found the results you did which is precisely why I decided to ask in a thread. Like you stated, because it's not posted doesn't necessarily mean no member used it per say, it just means no one posted about it. I figured maybe, just maybe, someone used this company, or knows someone who did, and knew something about it. To be honest I was a little conflicted with where I should post this question. But I said to myself....."self, we can post it in one place, and if most people are like you they will click the [today's posts] button and whalla......there it be". :crazy: ok, I'm not crazy, but I really did have that conversation with myself, LOL. Anyway, appreciate the advice, and I will certainly ask for it to be moved in the event it doesn't get much attention, which is looking to be the case.

I do like the look of this stuff and if its not too much more expensive than getting snap in carpet I may go for it. We shall see......