AQ120B runs rough under power

coachray1

Recruit
My AQ120B runs great at idle and off idle. When I put in gear and try to accellerate engine runs rough with no power. Can't get above 1500RPM's. and about 5knots. I have done complete tune up with cap,rotor,wires points and plugs and all filters. Replaced water seperator and rebuilt solex carb. Replace coil .Replaced mechanical fuel pump and in line filter. Compression is 155 at all 4 cylinders with no variation . PLEASE HELP. Don't know what to do next

trophy boat

Seaman Apprentice
Re: AQ120B runs rough under power

Check your advance springs beneath the points in the distributor.
Or, have you changed the timing belt? You could be off a tooth or two. (I did that once)

coachray1

Recruit

I have checked operation of advance springs with timing light and reving engine. I could see the timing mark moving. Do I still need to do a visual inspection. Also I have not changed timing belt. Maybe previous owner did but wouldn't that effect compression readings and those were good. And would I still be able to set ignition timing. Thanks for the speedy reply

trophy boat

Seaman Apprentice

Another thing I did before is put my spark plug wires in wrong order. Check firing order.