Appleton Court Case

eeboater

Commander
APPLETON(AP) - A seven-year-old boy was at the center of a Appleton, Wis. courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him. The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law and regulations requiring that family unity be maintained to the degree possible. <br /><br />The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge then suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried out that they also beat him. <br /><br />After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him. <br /><br />After two recesses to check legal references and confer with child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the Green Bay Packers, whom the boy firmly believes are not capable of beating anyone.

alden135

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Appleton Court Case

Pony 85 is gonna kick your a$$ for that post :)

sangerwaker

Commander

Boooooo! :p <br />Custody? Maybe they could use him on the team. :D :p

AzMeadMan

Petty Officer 2nd Class

OMG ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!! I like the packers but thats funny no matter who you are!!!

Pony

Rear Admiral

I could fill a whole forum with my thoughts on this....I will keep my cool and laugh it off.

Pony

Rear Admiral

posted by Alden:<br />Pony 85 is gonna kick your a$$ for that post
I would never harm a fellow Wisconsinite.....especially one that, correct me if i am wrong, once lived close to the Mecca I call Lambeau Field. I appreciate a light hearted joke as much as the next guy, and i can't make excuses for the Pack. they need some major changes. Thankfully no one in the North has more than 1 win.

wildbill59

Petty Officer 1st Class

The same joke was posted on another forum and this is how up tite they are about their team.<br /><br />"Hey MayTag.. Your the 7 year old who found a new home ..congrats. Packers = 15 winning seasons in a row. PowerPro"<br /><br />"Somebody better call your wife so that she can pickup some bigger Jockeys. Somebodies undies obviously shrunk in the wash. Call ahead and Walgreen's will have your Zoloft ready at the driveup".<br /><br />When some only read the sports page and skip the funny pages its kinda sad.

Pony

Rear Admiral

I think we only have 13 winning seasons in a row, and its a mute point anyways. I'm prolly one of the biggest Packer fans you will every meet, but I'm not gonna get upset like those guys. A joke is a joke. there are more serious issues in this country......3hrs on Sunday is just a reprive from it.

BassCat73

Petty Officer 1st Class

eeboater! That's hilarious!! Thanks for the laugh... Yep, I'm a huge Packer fan, as well. I don't see a lot of light at the end of the tunnel this year, but you never know... However, it's getting easier to decide to be out on the lake on Sundays for the rest of the fall (course, I'll have the radio tuned in) :D

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

You had me literally LOL!!!!!<br />I then read it to my family and they all did the same.<br />Out of the blue, that is a funny joke.<br />You could put a couple of teams in there, including mine. (Edit) Hmmmm, my new avatar didn't show up yet. (Edit the Edit) THAT'S BETTER!<br /><br />Thanks for the laugh, I reallllly needed it.<br />AK Chappy

eeboater

Commander

:D Hey - don't get me wrong, I'm a Packer fan too. It was just a lil humor based off of current record :D :D <br /><br />
I would never harm a fellow Wisconsinite.....especially one that, correct me if i am wrong, once lived close to the Mecca I call Lambeau Field.
You kidding me? I knew I was taking my life into my own hands posting this one whilest residing in the state of Wisconsin. (Yeah, you are right, I did live a block away)<br /><br />After all when it comes to life in this state it's:<br /><br />Spring Season<br />Summer Season<br />Packers Season<br /><br />Although, I do think I have the right to post at least one rip on the ole' Pack considering the PITA I had for 15 years on Sundays in the fall. :D I couldn't get to or from my house. It was either stay in or stay away. Although, I gotta admit - it was fun watching the drunks afterwards.<br /><br />Chappy - Forgive me if I am wrong, but when I was up in AK last summer, I didn't notice any professional football teams in the AK area :p <br /><br />Sean

Bass Man Bruce

Lieutenant

Alright EE, Pony, WB59 and other cheeseheads, I am a fan of GB, but I am a lifelong Lion fan (50+ yrs) and trust me you don't know what heartbreak is!! :mad: :D :mad: <br /> Don't get to down yet, look at last years start and finish. <br />btw my SIL lives in Coleman and we have a running bet on the Lions - Packers games and this is the first year I won in about a century! :D <br />EE: that joke is hillarious :D

Pony

Rear Admiral

posted by Bass Man Bruce:<br />I am a fan of GB, but I am a lifelong Lion fan (50+ yrs) and trust me you don't know what heartbreak is!!
I wouldnt be so quick to jump to that conclusion...LOL...those 30yrs before the Favre era were pretty bad. That being said being a Lions fan is no cakewalk im sure. I've been to Lions- Packers games at Lambeau and at the Silverdome, and theres some bad blood there. still fun regardless.<br /><br />EE- Did you guys ever charge people to use your yard as a parking lot? that seems to be what everyone in the block around the stadium do. We always park in the lot, always fun gettin home. Stop and go all the way to at least Fon du lac.

eeboater

Commander

Hey Pony,<br /><br />Nah, we never did. I always wanted to. Believe me, if I could have convinced my parents too, I would have had a much nicer car for my first vehicle :D <br /><br />While everyone around us (front, back and sides) parked cars in their yard, my parents never did it because they didn't want to deal with it. The drunks, the people wanting to get out of the yard early, all that garbage.<br /><br />Want to know what the ultimate insult-to-injury was? Our whole front yard was asphalt. Not a single blade of grass. The guy who owned the house before us had a lot of kids, and thus, a lot of cars. So, he just paved his yard!! Crazy, yeah I know, but it was really nice for mowing, and, I had a gokart when I was a kid so I could drive everywhere with it!<br /><br />If you ever need a close place to park, let me know, I have connections. That goes for anyone on here going to a Packers game. I can hook you up with spots in yards nearby, I still have "Friends" in the area - I guarantee you won't be dissapointed.<br /><br />Sean