Anyone own a Four Winns Liberator ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerryRigged

Cadet
Re: Anyone own a Four Winns Liberator ?

That sounds like an awful familiar boat!? glad you like it jerry and glad i can still hear that thing bark on the river...justin

Hey Justin I got a chance to talk to Ken at length about the boat. He actually put aluminum heads and a trick flow manifold on the 460, besides stroking it! He said it'd do 6000 rpm all day long and on Sunday. This last weekend I got 67 on gps at 6000 rpm with a 600 lb load and tank full tank of gas in light chop. Now to finesse the trim a bit more to keep 'er from catwalking!:victorious:

DRSCOTTALLAN

Cadet

Took the 350 and convert it to a 434 fuel injected stroker motor (it took me longer to pull the motor than to build it), converted a 377 scorpion out-drive with titanium internals, and a liquid-cooled twin-turbo system, when completed, over 125 knots on Lake St. Clair on my 1991 201 Libby, faster than anything the Coast Guard has.

JerryRigged

Cadet

Took the 350 and convert it to a 434 fuel injected stroker motor (it took me longer to pull the motor than to build it), converted a 377 scorpion out-drive with titanium internals, and a liquid-cooled twin-turbo system, when completed, over 125 knots on Lake St. Clair on my 1991 201 Libby, faster than anything the Coast Guard has.

Wow! You have any pics?

DRSCOTTALLAN

Cadet

Wow! You have any pics?

Sold it a week ago for $25,000; starting over with a bigger boat, just bought a 2001 Fountain 35' Lightning Twin Step with twin 496s, this one could hit 200MPH+ once completed, 20 PSI per motor with twin 377 scorpions at 3/1 specs out at 206MPH at 6500 RPM depending on total dry weight staying under 8500 lbs. after sub-framing.

DRSCOTTALLAN

Cadet

Anyone have any info on what exactly it takes to convert from a OMC King Cobra to a Bravo 1 outdrive? No Problems now but I am getting into the prepping mode when something does go with the King Cobra. I will need something that can handle well over 650 HP. I am also looking to update to Fuel Injection.

The boat is in great shape. The OMC engine has about 12,000.00 into it. Considering the shape the boat is in and the investment into the engine, a conversion down the road would make sense if trouble arose with the Cobra. It's a dog clutch cobra BTW.

377 Scorpion lower unit will handle 1000 HP+ with titanium internals with zero difficulty.

gtschev11

Recruit

I have a 1989 Liberator with twin 407 Chev Small blocks and OMC King Cobra drives. Boat does 64 mph on GPS and planes in 3 seconds flat. Running 14.25x23p 3 blade stainless props with extra cupping.

jvthundercat

Recruit

Sold it a week ago for $25,000; starting over with a bigger boat, just bought a 2001 Fountain 35' Lightning Twin Step with twin 496s, this one could hit 200MPH+ once completed, 20 PSI per motor with twin 377 scorpions at 3/1 specs out at 206MPH at 6500 RPM depending on total dry weight staying under 8500 lbs. after sub-framing.

Wow, talk about full of ****. Come on over to OSO and try to get by with that. lol
200 mph. hahahahaha

DRSCOTTALLAN

Cadet

Sold it for $100,000 back in September, currently working a Kelvar Thunderbird (under 7000 lbs.) with twin supercharged Allison Aircraft engines cranking up 2500HP each, 5/1 Gearing with 32" Props, this one will clear 250 MPH (I'd be the only one that could even drive it that fast), there's one on the internet at just twin naturally aspired Allison engine with just 1250HP each that does 180 MPH all day long. I don't apologize because I'm smarter than you are (A Cal-Tech education will do that), just get over yourself, if you want to put yours up against mine next Spring, you're not even worth the fuel, and remember mine run on 150+ Octane, you have no chance.

JerryRigged

Cadet

Sold it for $100,000 back in September, currently working a Kelvar Thunderbird (under 7000 lbs.) with twin supercharged Allison Aircraft engines cranking up 2500HP each, 5/1 Gearing with 32" Props, this one will clear 250 MPH (I'd be the only one that could even drive it that fast), there's one on the internet at just twin naturally aspired Allison engine with just 1250HP each that does 180 MPH all day long. I don't apologize because I'm smarter than you are (A Cal-Tech education will do that), just get over yourself, if you want to put yours up against mine next Spring, you're not even worth the fuel, and remember mine run on 150+ Octane, you have no chance.

It would seem if you had that kind of play you wouldn't be in here commenting with us on old Liberator's.

DRSCOTTALLAN

Cadet

I started with a 201 Liberator, now I just answer questions when they're directed at me, whichever site they're on (Allison engines 1710 cubic inches each, that's 27 Liters per engine, when set up properly this way anything is possible.

JerryRigged

Cadet

I started with a 201 Liberator, now I just answer questions when they're directed at me, whichever site they're on (Allison engines 1710 cubic inches each, that's 27 Liters per engine, when set up properly this way anything is possible.

I'll give you cudos for your imagination and for the entertainment value! Since you have a coue of allison engines just lying around why not build a P-38 lightning :)
Theres only one running boat now with twin allisons in the world.
Weight is the problem.
1500 lbs each. A 27 foot boat would sink with these.
Twin 600 cubic ford would fit, work, and with super charging, produce the same HP with less than half the weight.

DRSCOTTALLAN

Cadet

First, I can strip it down and build it up lighter about 1000 lbs., titanium is much lighter than even forged steel; secondly, I can seal up the back and using an in-board competition conversion kit, and eliminate the outdrive, this allows you to center the engines just like a ski-boat; if all of that weight was on the back end then it would sink, remember these Kelvar racing boats are nothing more than a floating gas can (38' & 6995 lbs. dry weight), no accessories, and no weight . . . the boat will hold the weight it's just about balance and where you put it, so you don't over-load one end, this isn't a Scarab J-Class hull that can barely balance twin 500 EFI with X3 outdrives without sinking the back end, these super-charged allisons will turn 2500 HP, no marine 600 is going to do that, by the way I own a jet-powered helicopter, I have no need for a P-38 Lightning.

DRSCOTTALLAN

Cadet

If twin Allison's are too heavy which they might be, I'll just drop in twin turbine engines (designed for helicopters-I've done this set-up before 3000-5000 HP), this is an easy set-up, these engines are lighter but the Allison's torque better out of the hole, I put this set-up in a 50' Cat at just 3000 HP, T-53 Turbines, 180 MPH all day long and they don't really use that much fuel, here's the link, stupid fast, Statement! Marine 50' Catamaran - YouTube.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Yaah, we believe they can build a 200+ MPH pleasure boat, we just don't believe you can. Pictures or it didn't happen. Thanks.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Well she has Allison's but not sure what boat that is. Sweet no matter what :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.