Anyone on here own this boat?

ziggy

Admiral
Re: Anyone on here own this boat?

not my boat. have ya answered the ad to see if ya can talk with the owner? agreed, it does look like a clean one...
i don't understand what ya mean.
the windshields have been cut down
as for the seats. they look servicable. do ya just not like brown? only down side i can see for brown would be they would likely be real hot to sit on if the sun was out on a 100*F day. as for changing to red. that'd be preference of the individual i'd think. myself. i'm not partial to red, so that wouldn't work for 'me' unless that is what it came with and then i'd preserve it to try and maintain the originality of the boat. to me color is an opinion, other than dark colors (like brown) which absorb heat and would therefor be less desirable... imho... ;)

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member

I would never have a seat color other than light beige or white due to the sun heating it to a gazillion degrees. the red and black accents I have get so hot, you actually get blisters

streetrods

Seaman

I did talk to the owner...he has owned it for 25 years and it's only outside in the summer.. Don't know if that has saved the foam or not..
And yes he cut the windshields because he couldn't see good through them..that 3 inches of black you see is all that is left of them..

I want a red and white one... mind is made up : )... I could do the seats in white and put red carpet in..

ziggy

Admiral

And yes he cut the windshields because he couldn't see good through them..that 3 inches of black you see is all that is left of them..
:eek: ah, i see what ya mean now. had to put the pic in paint and blow it up to see what ya were saying. yikes. he did trim it down to nothing.. what a bummer. for sure a new windshield would be in order i'd think. good thing AristoCraft supports our boats. i'd guess a new one could be got from our oem.

I want a red and white one... mind is made up
sounds like ya got a plan. that color plan would go well here in Nebr. that's our football colors. the colors i like make no difference to anyone but me. so if ya want red and white, more power to ya... go for it.. i will again stress that dark colors absorb heat though. i like to explain it this way.
my boat is white (kinda off white). i can touch the white boat w/o issue on the hottest of days.
my boat seats are lime green. they are noteably warmer than the white boat. ya can touch them and sit on them on a hot sunny day, but ya can sure tell the difference between lime green and the white boat.
my boat has a dark green (almost black) thow mat rug that i use on board. this mat on a hot sunny day is scorching hot. ha can't stand on it, ya can't touch it. ya could cook on it.. ya stand on it and you'll move off it real fast for burning the bottom of your feet... keep this in mind when choosing your colors.. fwiw, on the other side of the coin. when boating on cool days, the dark colors warm up and ya can keep your feet warm on them... by cool, i mean 40-60*F days...

as for the foam. i'd sure think under cover for 20 years would be a step in the right direction for saving anything on the boat. much better than outside with leaves and weather dripping on it.. sounds like ya may have found a winner.. the 165hp is desirable too..

streetrods

Seaman

What is the boat worth considering I will have $400 plus in window replacement??

streetrods

Seaman

Also did the 19 come in off white and bright white? or was there just one?

ziggy

Admiral

What is the boat worth considering I will have $400 plus in window replacement??
well, at least that'd be all new plexigas, all the way around. i been doing it slow. center panel the 1st year. side glass last year due to breaking one. ft. port and starboard are still original. the original is still ok, but ya can tell the difference looking though the old vs. the new. ya can look at it this way. if it were any other boat, ya probably couldn't get glass for it period. it'd all be custom to R&R it. now that would cost ya...

as for the off white vs bright white, i dunno. i'm sure my white isn't as white as my white chevy van is. so it's off white. ??? if ya go look at them brochures on the AristoCraft web site. ya can see most of the colors they came in. granted, not all. like my lime green.

renojim

Seaman Apprentice

The boat does look very clean, too bad about the windshields. If I remember right you're a painter so the color change would'nt be tough for you just $$$$$. Too bad there's no pic with the cover off to see the condition of the top. I spoke with Aristocraft about 6 months ago and the said they could still get seat skins. On the website they are 900$ but he said if I was interseted he would look into it because he thought they should be cheaper now. If the engine & drive are good that seems like a fair price imho. You saw what my 19 looked like when I bought it. I had never seen one before and did not know what to look for. It was a good running boat so I paid 1900$ for it. Knowing what I know now (gel-coat blisters and saturated foam) I paid too much.
http://kansascity.craigslist.org/boa/2852340423.html

Looks like a pretty clean one.. only downside for me is the windshields have been cut down and it has new brown seats which would have to be recovered red : )

In the pics it looks like it has a foil on the outdrive. Imho the first thing I would do is remove it. I put one on my boat because of bad porpoising. It did fix that problem but made the boat lean to the side twice as much as before while under throttle. Also made the steering very heavy. I took it off after a half hour of testing. Hated it. I now have Nauticus Smart Tabs and love them. They do exactlly what they advertise. I have thought about starting a thread on them with pics but just haven't gotten around to it.

Good luck on your quest!

streetrods

Seaman

Well I got it home this afternoon..

Things I like about it... The cleanest of the 3 I have looked over...a nice trailer with a heavy duty axle and 5 lugs... Has the 165hp motor..

Things I dislike... The windows for one but we knew that...And it's off white not the light white.. In the shop under the lights is almost looks yellow but it is a off white

boat 001.jpgboat 004.jpg

ziggy

Admiral

congrats sr.
nice find, great price...
she sure is pretty. i like the gold top..
got more pics yet.... ;):D

streetrods

Seaman

Ha no more pictures yet..those were from my junk cell phone..
So the list of work begins...
Going to pull the top and windshield frame..
Remove carpet and seats...
Repair a few minor cracks...
Sand her down and spray the inside and above bumper molding white...
Paint the sides and top red...
Paint trailer...
Install new windshields...carpet and recovered seats...

Should be good to go in a week.. ; )

62 ROYAL SCOTT

Petty Officer 1st Class

hello ,good to go in a week,where are you ?MAYBE YOU CAN DO MY BOAT NEXT WEEK

renojim

Seaman Apprentice

Looks awesome and a good price! A week huh! Let us know how that goes for ya. Ha Ha Ha

streetrods

Seaman

:) Well I'm sure it will be much longer than a week.. But hope to get a move on it...

streetrods

Seaman

Hey Jim did you end up painting your topside white or did it match the white you painted on the bottom?

renojim

Seaman Apprentice

The top side of my boat was the typical off white. I was able to wet sand then buff out. It still has little cracks and imperfections but it looks OK. I didn't want to paint the topside for fear of scratching it when walking on the deck with shoes. I still try to keep it to a minimum but it's kind of hard to have people take off their's while getting in and out.
No it doesn't match. The bottom paint is VC Performance paint from Interlux and it is white white. I used it to seal the fiberglass after removing all the Gel-coat(BOAT POX ISSUE)because it would be easier then Gel-coating it.

Oh yeah, I'm Very Jealous of your work shop. I have to do all the grinding, sanding and painting with the boat crammed diagonal in a two car garage.

ziggy

Admiral

Oh yeah, I'm Very Jealous of your work shop. I have to do all the grinding, sanding and painting with the boat crammed diagonal in a two car garage.
you guys are lucky. Lime Time lives outside... at least covered at all times. except when i'm using it or it's being worked on.

sr, did ya see that red nineteen one a google search of nineteens... it was for sale last year i think. sold best know.

so how is the engine and drive. most of the work i've had to perform on mine has been with the drive and associated parts. only done pm on the engine. so far.

streetrods

Seaman

Well Jim it's not my shop just a shop I run...lucky for me my boss lets me borrow it some : ) Your upper white is way more white than mine.. I have to paint mine or nothing is going to match at all.. at least I will be able to fix a few holes here and there while I'm at it..

How much of the VC Performance paint did it take to do the bottom? I see they antifouling and other kinds of paint... I think I'll use a boat bottom paint of some sort and just automotive on top.. I should have enough white for the upper already just need some red..