Anyone know how to convert 9.9 to 15 hp?

Re: Anyone know how to convert 9.9 to 15 hp?

FlyBoy,<br /><br />I took the cover off and opened up the thermostat. It wasn't stuck open. I did notice however that, as you suggested, it just rattles around in it's place. There is nothing there to hold it still. Should I go to a local parts store and pick up an O-ring or something to hold it tight? Thanks for your continued help.

Boatist

Rear Admiral

Stream The thermostat should have a special rubber gasket that it kind of mounts in. Go to you local Johnson or Evinrude dealer and get the right part there cheap. Most likely have part in stock.

Thanks all for the suggestions. I took the thermostat out for now. Ran the engine for a couple hours today and it seemed to run fine. Still seems to not have quite the power it did, but it ran for 2+ hours and started first pull. I did order a complete carb rebuild kit and I'll probably order a new fuel pump because those are the only two things that aren't brand new on this engine. Thanks for the suggestions. Hopefully this striaghtens it up. <br />By the way, Saw a largemouth bass today, up close and personal, that weighed more than 12 pounds. <br />didn't catch it though