Anyone know anyhting about Skandia Boats out of Green Cove Springs?

First off let me say thanks to everyone on this forum Ive been reading posts for about a week now and there is a wealth of information and expertise here! This is my first post and I am a proud new owner of a 21'7" 1980 Skandia center console. I originally purchased the boat intending to clean it up a little and get it in good working order so I can get out and chase the inshore gamefish here around Savannah. Since I've stumbled upon iboats and all of the resto projects that people have done I've decided to try to get her close to her original condition plus a few updates and changes. I know its gonna be a big job but i'm going to take my time and get it done eventually. The reason for this post is that I have not been able to gather any information on this boat besides the company that made it and where they were located from a spot on the outside of the hull where there used to be a sticker. I have already decided that its going to get a new deck and probably new stringers as well depending on what I find when the deck comes off. But I suppose thats a thread for the restoration forum. I would really appreciate any information or feedback from anyone who knows anything about Skandia. Thanks again! (I will try to figure out how to get a pic or two up)

drtyTshrt

Seaman
Re: Anyone know anyhting about Skandia Boats out of Green Cove Springs?

no there is not a such thing as these boats

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

May be, but there are members posting to dead five year old threads. :facepalm:

drtyTshrt

Seaman

I'm sorry.
This was a spur of the moment post.

I am sitting here with a friend Goggling Skandia boats and nothing can be found.

It was mean to my friend and mean to the OP.

aspeck

Staff member

The point is, drty, the red bar on the bottom when you posted left you know the thread was over 90 days old. Ralph has not had any activity since 2011, so probably no sweat to him. Old, over 90 day, posts are for archive material only, unless you are the OP. Please abide by those rules. Thanks.