Anyone here have a Mercury 4-stroke 2.5HP to 5HP engine?

BoneDigger

Seaman Apprentice
I have a 2.5 HP Mercury 4 stroke that I use on a 12ft Sundolphin Jon Boat. Recently, I had to change out the carburetor and took pictures of the old carb in place. However, I forgot to take pictures of the throttle linkage and it came loose during the switchover. I am trying to figure out how it attaches. I gather the carb setup is similar for the 2.5HP, 3.5HP, and the 5HP. If anyone has one of these, I would really appreciate a few pictures of the linkage setup. Please PM me if you have one of these or have access to one that you could take some pictures for me.

Fun Times

Staff member
I have a 2.5 HP Mercury 4 stroke that I use on a 12ft Sundolphin Jon Boat. Recently, I had to change out the carburetor and took pictures of the old carb in place. However, I forgot to take pictures of the throttle linkage and it came loose during the switchover. I am trying to figure out how it attaches. I gather the carb setup is similar for the 2.5HP, 3.5HP, and the 5HP. If anyone has one of these, I would really appreciate a few pictures of the linkage setup. Please PM me if you have one of these or have access to one that you could take some pictures for me.
Might want to also consider buying a service manual for your engine model as they usually tend to help you with these adjustments. What year or serial number is your engine?

Yours might be Merc part number 90-899925, https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2510209.m570.l1313&_nkw=90-899925&_sacat=0