Anyone Have Any Experience With The Tracker 1436 Jon Boat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fischer001

Cadet
JUST WANNA KNOW MORE ABOUT THIS BOAT BEFORE I BUY. THERE ARE 2 TRACKER DEALERS IN MY AREA AND IVE HEARD ONLY GOOD THINGS ABOUT THE COMPANY (IVE NEVER OWNED A TRACKER BEFORE). CAN ANYONE TELL ME ABOUT THIS BOAT? HOW STABLE IS IT IN CALM, SHALLOW AND/OR DEEP WATERS WITH 2 GUYS? I LIVE ON A LAKE THAT ONLY ALLOWS ELECTRIC MOTORS. I HAVE A 36" 50lb MINN KOTA TROLLER FOR THE TRACKER 1436 IM LOOKING AT BUYING. ANY COMMENTS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
THANK YOU, MATT

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Anyone Have Any Experience With The Tracker 1436 Jon Boat?

please loose the CAPs, extremely hard to read.

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner

It would be OK, but skinny (36" wide) hulls tend to be tippy, so while lighter and cheaper, you may not like it, I would go with a wider model.

ben2go

Chief Petty Officer

www.iboats.com is the site I belong to.It's specificly for aluminum boats,manily jon boats,and fishing out of them.

Last edited by a moderator:

jbjennings

Captain

I think you'll really like the 14'36" boat. Being a person who uses jonboats almost exclusively I have used a lot of different sizes. I have a 15'42" duracraft that I run a 30hp on. I hate it for my smaller motors like my 10's, 15's, and 18's because it's so darned heavy. I think with a trolling motor, the 36" is the way to go. It's not that tippy at all to me. A 32" flatbottom is too tippy but not the 36" bottom. If you go wider it's going to be a lot harder to pull or push with the trolling motor, especially in weeds in shallow water. Really, the 14' 36" jonboat is the perfect size to me. It will be ideal with 2 people, and a 10, 15, or even an 18 hp motor. My dad runs a 25hp yamaha on our 14'36" but it's rated for a 20 and we rarely run it wide open unless we have 2 or three people in it. I have seen a tracker and it's a kind of light to medium built boat as far as strength. I think that would be a good thing for the use that you describe. And if you decide you want to fish a little bigger lake, a 10hp motor will push it great by yourself. I like a 15 or 18hp for 2 people and a little gear which your boat should do fine with if you should decide you ever want that much motor.
Just my opinion,
JBJ

OwensXL19

Cadet

My buddy has one and it sure has taken a beating. It doesnt look too pretty anymore, but it gets the job done. It would be a good boat for what you described, you will just have to watch the tippyness with two guys standing and fishing.

It truly was an all purpose boat for us. Bass fishing in the day, spearing at night, and duck hunting in the fall. We've run it with a 10hp, 8hp, and even push-poled and rowed it. Had it everywhere from the shallow marshes to lake Huron in November. It was a little sketchy with three guys loaded with duck hunting gear and a kayak in 3 footers only being pushed by the little 8hp nissan, but we made it. The stupid stuff I did when I was young, oh wait, it was last fall ;)

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

My buddy has one and it sure has taken a beating. It doesnt look too pretty anymore, but it gets the job done. It would be a good boat for what you described, you will just have to watch the tippyness with two guys standing and fishing.

It truly was an all purpose boat for us. Bass fishing in the day, spearing at night, and duck hunting in the fall. We've run it with a 10hp, 8hp, and even push-poled and rowed it. Had it everywhere from the shallow marshes to lake Huron in November. It was a little sketchy with three guys loaded with duck hunting gear and a kayak in 3 footers only being pushed by the little 8hp nissan, but we made it. The stupid stuff I did when I was young, oh wait, it was last fall ;)

Please take a look at the post and how current the question is.........this post is over 14 months old :eek: but we do appreciate your input ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.