Anyone have an Airchair?

BJM

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I have been thinking of building a hydrofoil thingy to ride on behind my boat now for several years. Lo and behold I found this Airchair after searching for Foil Surf boards after seeing them on TV. Does anyone have either of these things, they look really cool. I would love to try one.

sloopy

Commander
Re: Anyone have an Airchair?

I've tried, you got to have a skiboat with poles that you canhang off of to learn and they cost 450.00

BJM

Petty Officer 3rd Class

By poles, do you mean horizontal poles beside the boat? I thought of that but I figured there must be some way to get on one in deep water or else no one would buy them.

ehenry

Commander

We've used air chairs before and didn't have to have a side pole on the boat. Just hooked it to the ski eye and took off. It was a ton-o-fun. You are correct on the deep water though.

sloopy

Commander

you need the poles to learn it the fastest

ehenry

Commander

Come on Sloopy, live a little! ! ! Busting your a$$ trying to learn is half the fun. Besides, back in '74' when we were learning nobody knew what a pole hanging off the side of a correct craft was. Learned to barefoot, ski on frisbies, tennis shoes, paddles, ball caps and start out barefoot from a sand bar without a side pole.