FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hello guys. I need a the bracket that holds the starter on a 88 force 50hp bayliner capri. Mine broke in half and left me stranded in the middle of lake jordan. Help!!!
Re: Anyone have a starter bracket for a 88 force 50hp
I bought a trashed 1989 force 50 for parts, I am not sure if they are the same but I believe they are. I am hoping Roscoe see's this post and can verify. Where are you located, if it is the same you are welcome to it, if you pay the shipping. Stuart
Re: Anyone have a starter bracket for a 88 force 50hp
Yes the upper and lower starter mounting brackets are the same on the 88-89 50hp.<br />Lower bracket is $9, upper bracket is $70, at a Mercury dealer.<br /><br />