Anyone have a Sleep Number Bed?

Homerr

Commander
I looked at a few Sleep Number beds today.<br />WOW! I'm impressed! Very comfortable. <br /><br />The price is up there however... About $1500 for the model I was looking at.<br /><br />The main reason I like the bed is its ability to change the softness/hardness. Your normal mattress just can't do that.<br /><br />I was wondering if anyone has one of these bed systems and if so, how do you like it?<br /><br />Pros/cons?<br /><br />Thanks,<br /><br />H.

Mrs Soulwinner

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Anyone have a Sleep Number Bed?

SW and I have two. <br /><br />We started out with a queen size to begin with and just within the last year or so bumped up to a king. Let me tell you...there are no cons! I loved the queen and the king is even better. The ability to adjust each side to suit ones daily sleep is awesome but you can also adjust it if you've had a rough day and you experience back pain. We originally bought the queen because SW was in a severe wreck and suffered from extreme back, neck and arm pain. Of course as I am getting older and realizing how much I abused myself as a kid, this bed has paid for itself many a nite just in the relief we get with our aches and pains. My son now sleeps on the queen and swears he's takin' it with him when he moves out. My in-laws bought one a few months back. They too debated over the money. After getting theirs, they said you just don't know how poorly you're sleeping until you've spent a few days sleeping on these beds. <br /><br />My suggestion.....get one even if you have to take out a loan.....pawn your kids even! They are worth every penny you'll spend!<br /><br />If/when you get one, let me know what you think. By the way, if you can believe this...my sleep number is actually 100! SW is nowhere near that.

Link

Rear Admiral

A new bed is in our futher also so I'm glad you asked.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

It's 2:30AM. I don't have to be up for another 1.5hours. I may be mortgaging my first-born too, if this keeps up.<br />If the queen is $1500, How much more is the king size?

Homerr

Commander

Thanks for the reviews... I have yet to find someone who had something bad to say about them.<br /><br />I was looking at the 5000 full size model with:<br /><br />Pillow top, wireless remote, foundation, single air chamber, standard legs.<br />It comes up to $1549.<br /><br />The queeen is around $1800 depending on your options.<br /><br />www.selectcomfort.com<br /><br />They also have the original 3000 models which are cheaper.<br /><br />I thought I could get a break on line vs. local store, but my local store is nothing more than a showroom. You pay the same price.<br /><br />They have a 14 month no interest thing going on right now. Not bad at all. I figure I'll pay as much as I can in the 14 months, and then roll it over to a lower interest credit card.<br /><br />Otherwise you get nailed with all that interest and get nailed with %21 interest afterward! :eek: <br /><br />H.

Mrs Soulwinner

Petty Officer 1st Class

Homerr, do it! you just cannot lose with these beds. <br /><br />Originally posted by 12Footer:<br />
If the queen is $1500, How much more is the king size?
I cannot remember how much our queen was, but I know we enjoyed it enough that we pd close to $3300 for our king. We got the Cadillac version! :D <br /><br />((Yep, priced it at the website...7000 series king))

1730V

Chief Petty Officer

Going on year number nine with a king size. I would not have anyrthing else.

SoulWinner

Commander

There is one draw back to these beds. Several months back I reduced the pressure in my side of the bed because my back was bothering me. I let too much air out and the next morning I feltlike I had crippled myself!!! My lower back was locked up so tight I thought I would need to see a chiropracter. So I aired my side back up 75 (That's my sleep number) and I was fine.<br /><br />Once you figure out your sleep number and get used to the bed, there is nothing else in the world that comes close to the comfort you get from a sleep number bed.

lakelivin

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Anyone ever directly compare a sleep number bed with a tempurpedic bed? I've heard similar endorsements from some tempurpedic people so just wondered if anyone here has tried both.

Homerr

Commander

Well, I did it...!<br /><br />I bought one tonight. Now it's up to the UPS man!<br />I got the 5000 full size series w/single chamber, pillowtop, wireless remote.<br /><br />My daughter has a tepurpedic bed, and it's very nice for sure. It would be my second choice.<br /><br />One of the features of a sleep number bed is you can purchase and replace every part on it when they go bad (and assuming the warranty is up).<br /><br />You can't replace parts on a standard mattress.<br /><br />Then there's the adjustable feature. A standard bed can't even touch that.<br /><br />Thanks for the feedback. I can't wait to get it set up!<br /><br />H.

Mrs Soulwinner

Petty Officer 1st Class

Congrats!! You will absolutely love it! I promise. Never even think of the regular stuff ever again... ;)

Link

Rear Admiral

Hey Hommer<br />Could ya make another thread with the results after you have had it a few nights??<br />In roscoes post about eye glasses I mentioned taking a fall 4 years ago. It sometimes takes a an hour before being able to walk after getting up my lower back hurts so bad. <br />So I'm looking at options on beds.<br /><br />Thanks Link

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Yeah, Homerr, update uis. Mrs 12Footer wants one yesterday, but there is the ka-ching factor, and I want the big bed. We have a king now, and that's the way I would go with one of these sleep number beds if we go that route.