Anyone from Illinois?

luke41

Recruit
New to the site and just seeing how many boaters are from my area are on here?

TilliamWe

Banned
Re: Anyone from Illinois?

I'm from Illinois, and that's different from where you are from! :) I recommend a trip down the Illinois River to Peoria someday, I think you'd like it.

Phantom_II

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I was from Illinois once. Rockford specifically.

But I got over it.

jacknbella

Petty Officer 1st Class

I live in Peoria myself but would never even consider using a new boat in the Illinois River. Way too many stumps, logs, and rocks. I prefer deep lakes. Sorry.

J. Howard

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I live in Chicago and boat on Lake Michigan.

slia67

Petty Officer 1st Class

Metro-east side of St Louis.

TilliamWe

Banned

I live in Peoria myself but would never even consider using a new boat in the Illinois River. Way too many stumps, logs, and rocks. I prefer deep lakes. Sorry.

Your idea of way too many and mine must be really different. In 8 summers and 550 hours of boating, I have stuck exactly 4 pieces of wood. And those were on days that the river was way up and I knew the dangers. Under normal circumstances, the Illinois River is pretty darn clear of debris. And there are hardly any rocks. Just mud, and lots of it. Peoria is a great place to boat, sorry that you are afraid to do so. :(
Luke don't be afraid of the Illinois River for a minute.

hard-3

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I'm from the other Illinois,, southern illinois. hour east of St louis
Welcome to Rend Lake!!
Jeff

J. Howard

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I'm from the other Illinois,, southern illinois. hour east of St louis
Welcome to Rend Lake!!
Jeff

I was down at Rend Lake over Memorial Day this weekend for a camping/boating trip. Nice area!

hard-3

Petty Officer 2nd Class

rend lake is nice place watch out for stumps on north end the botels are nice place to stay

RollingWanderer

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Another southern IL boater here. We live in Shiloh, near Scott AFB, and boat mostly at Carlyle.

I had no idea there were so many other Carlyle boaters on the site. We run around in a white 19' Celebrity named Lucky Star. If you ever see us, feel free to stop us and say HI.

-RW

642mx

Lieutenant Commander

My wife's from Carmi.... does that count?.. :D

I've never been to Rend Lake, is it very big? We normally go to Lake Barkley (90 miles away :( ) or to the muddy Ohio River (which is where I'll be Saturday and Sunday this weekend. :cool:)

luke41

Recruit

I take my boat from the Illinois River to Lake Michigan. Two different styles of boating but, both are very enjoyable.

dlngr

Chief Petty Officer

I'm from Oglesby. The Peru ramp is 5minutes from home,or Spring Valley ramp about 10 minutes from here. I mostly boat between Spring Valley and Starved Rock-[Utica] I see hundreds of big-dollar boats on this river every day.Debris is only an issue during and shortly after flooding. I love MY river!!!

:) We have done most of our boating at Clinton Lake. It's a nuclear cooling lake so it is soooo warm this time of year. No, we don't glow in the dark! We have enjoyed our times there.

wca_tim

Lieutenant Commander

I learned to waterski on the Illinois river by Peoria... don't you guys have those highly dangerous jumping carp everywhere now?

...and if anyone things the Illinois is full of debris, you ought to try the tar / Pamilco... dodged 2 tires 3 logs and a full sized stump that was barely clearing the surface - all in a couple of hours of wake boarding Sunday afternoon...... plenty of places to run aground, generally seemingly random shallow water until you get below Washington.

Cox

Seaman

Homewood. I fish strip mines in Wilmington and anywhere else I can get my boat in the water. Just picked up a Tracker V16 about a month ago. Been to Heidecke twice and I'd like to hit the Illinois River before it's too late in the season.

deerhuntre

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Me. I'm from Illinois as well. I boat on Lake MI mostly, but am thinking of spending some time on some inland lakes this year. I love lake Michigan a lot and love that smoked salmon! Yum!!

Tabes117

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I used to live in unincorporated Plainfield, now live in Wood Dale. We boat out of Seneca. Do you boat on the Illinois River, if so, what beaches do you frequent?