Anyone ever do a charge-back on an Ebay seller?

JasonJ

Rear Admiral
I hated to have to do it, but I was forced to leave negative feedback and file a Buyer Protection claim through Paypal for an item I bought through Buy It Now back in September. I tried to give the seller the benefit of the doubt, sometimes things come up, but after checking his feedback rating today, others posted having paid, not recieved item, and no answers to emails. I guess it'll take up to 30 days to get my money back, but hey, I don't have the cash to pay people who are derelict in their business practices. Its wierd, he had good feedback up until now. Makes you wonder....

RedRangerVIP

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Anyone ever do a charge-back on an Ebay seller?

Jason,<br /> Dealt with that so many frick'n times that I finally quit using Evilbay at all. I was a member for 3yrs. The last year , between the seller either not sending my items, or the buyer not paying for the items I was selling, I figure it cost me way more than I ever benefited from the place!<br /> The only good thing that I have gotten from there in a long time was my new boat.<br /> Be very , very , very careful who you deal with on that site. It's turning into a big scam game!<br /> This is only my sole opinion about the subject.<br /> Have a good one!

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

Yeah, its too bad. I have used Ebay since 98, with no problems until this. I'll get my cash back and live 'n learn. usually I try to only buy from sellers who appear to be businesses, and this was no exception. I tend to trust someone who is a business and has a good amount of feedback, but I guess that will no longer be the case. Oh well....

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

I don't see a problem with a buisness making a fair profit, but ebay deserves it's fate.<br />I sold an item for three times what I paid for it, and by the time I got done paying for the add, I owed them 40 buks.<br />What a rip.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Jason,did you buy some ignition coil parts???<br />If so,I put the negative feedback on that guy just before you did.It seems to me that something of an emergency happened to this guy.That's why I waited 3 weeks before I left negative feedback for him.Can you describe the steps you had to take in order to get your money back??<br />Thank you.

f_inscreenname

Commander

I bought all kinds of stuff off of e-bay. Hell I even bought the boat I have now and a bunch of parts also. All went off without a hitch but there was a couple times things did not. The first was when I bought a prop from a guy. The one in the picture and the one I got were two different props. Also it was in bad shape. The problem was the guy wanted me to send it back to him at my expense you add that to the postage I already paid and it would have cost me 75% of what I paid for it at the auction. When he wouldn't budge after many e-mails I left a bad feed back.<br /> Then there was a time (I almost feel like I was scammed) I bought a Ray Lewis signed football for a friends 65th birthday. Went through hell with the seller till I finally got e-bay’s watch dog department involved. I also paid with Pay-Pal. It didn't take 24 hours and the problem was taken care of. I got my money back but I still ended up going to the party with out a present. <br />The thing that ticks me off the most is.....shipping/handling. 12 bucks for something that fits in a envelope is just to much.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

rolmops, I did buy some igniton parts. It was an entire assembly, supposedly tested, money back guarantee and all that. Even with the horrid shipping it was still less expensive than buying the parts seperatly. I can always understand emergencies, but if you notice, this happened back in August, same thing. I am only so understanding, then I remember that it is my money, I am not into giving charitible donations. <br /><br />If you paid through PayPal, they have the Buyer Protection Program. On their site, go to the Security Center link at the bottom, the charge-back process is there. They do an investigation and then charge back the seller, at a fee to the seller. I have still heard nothing from him, he could have died for all I know. Too bad though, I still want my money back....

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Jason I completely share your feelings.I am just as pi$$ed of about this whole thing as you are.In my case it was only the choke solenoid,but it definitely is the wrong way to do business.Thank you for the info<br />It is quite a coincidence that we both bid on something from the same guy.

woodrat

Ensign

Wow. I've been using ebay as a seller and a buyer since 2001 and have never been ripped off by a seller, just buyers. LOTS of people bid apparently thinking its just a game or something, I don't know. But I have had several serious flakes as buyers.<br /><br />Don't just file for your paypal protection plan, file whatever the ebay complaint is as well. there is a form for non-paying bidders and if they get three of those, they're out. I don't know what the protocol is for non-delivering sellers, but I'm certain there is one. Use it and help clean up ebay.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Big surprise.<br />The guy e-mailed me today.He said he was really sorry,but he was called away on a job that took much longer than expected.He said that he will send the package right away.We will see.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

I got the same email, and yeah, we'll see. Considering I had initiated the Paypal investigation, its funny how things are happening all of a sudden. Hey, if I get my parts, fine.

woodrat

Ensign

I would still leave the guy a negative or neutral feedback. There's no excuse for posting items for sale and then not being around to take care of the transaction. It makes all of us ebay sellers look bad, and I don't like that at all. My ebay sales have been off lately and I think its becuase of the bad rap ebay is getting among the general populace, aminly due to screwy transactions like the ones you are describing.