Anybody with experience with early 1980's Century boats?

superbenk

Commander
I've spent the past couple years restoring a free 1980 Century 190 with an OMC 140 & 400 Stringer. Just wondering if anyone else has had something like this and what their feelings about this era & make of boat are.

As a bonus, if anyone has any original literature for this boat, I'd love to see it!

Again, no real tech question, just curious if I'm alone with this kind of boat.

superbenk

Commander
Re: Anybody with experience with early 1980's Century boats?

Any chance a moderator can move this thread to the Century Boats forum instead?

Wills03

Seaman Apprentice

Superbenk,

I have owned a 1976 since 1977 and have original Century owners manual. Century Boat Club has much info on their web site. I may have answers to some of your questions.

IMG_1_3.jpg

Wills

superbenk

Commander

Wow, that's a nice looking boat! Well done. Does it also have the OMC drive? I really like how my boat turned out, but I'm starting to tire of the OMC drive & the fact that it's getting harder and harder to support/fix.

I'll definitely check out the Century Boat Club, thanks!

superbenk

Commander

Century Boat Club site is really cool, but it's an entirely different era than what I have. Seems to be heavily biased toward the wooden boats of the 50's & 60's (again, very cool, but not what I'm looking for --- yet :)).

Do you know of any other sites related to our era of Century boats (late 70's/early 80's fiberglass)?

smclear

Chief Petty Officer

Go here;

http://www.classicboating.com/

They have all things Century. Business owned by former Century employees who purchased much equipment/dies/presses from the Century factory when it moved from Manistee MI to Florida.

Wills03

Seaman Apprentice

Merc drive, 165 HP, 250 Chevy.