Anybody paid $6500 for plumbing repairs recently?

Twidget

Commander
Re: Anybody paid $6500 for plumbing repairs recently?

If you need help with the digging JT, my Dad always hires guys at the unemployment office for $8 and hour, cash. He has replaced an entire septic system that way. :) <br /><br />If that is a Silverleaf Maple (very common around here) kill it as quickly as you can. I had one that was 10 feet from my old house in S. Ft. Worth and it got into my sewer and had three roots the size of your wrist crack my foundation. Those things and fruitless Mulberrys are the worst for that sort of thing.

Ben Konopacky

Petty Officer 1st Class

jt; rolmops is rite on the money.it's the way to go .the fitteng is called a "no-hub" Rubber sleve W/ss clamp ,no glue,cut PVC ends sq. slide hub on new PVC fit in place ,slide hub 1/2 way back over old PVC Tighten clamp no both ends. DONE !!!<br />I'LL bet you can do it.

MudIsFun

Seaman

Not to rain on your parade, but when I needed to tie a new sewer line from an addition into the main line last year we ended up digging 8 feet down to find the pipe. This was 20 feet from the house and 20 feet from the street. Talk about a fun filled couple of days and of course the pipe was not something easy to play with like ABS or PVC but 50 year old clay pipe... <br /><br />Still, if your pipe is PVC, just trench, cut and glue in the new section and your good to go.<br /><br />Good luck.<br /><br />Kevin

redone

Cadet

6500? i just dug a 450' ditch about 18" deep laid electric line and backfilled for the company i work for for 1700.00 (did not make much profit on that one should have been around 2500 ) 35ft to street 3-4 ft deep should not cost 6500$$ we must be missing some thing here ?? permits ? inspections ? mercades payment ???

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

this is good stuff, guys, thanks.<br /><br />House is on a slab. It shifts with changes in the weather; plumbing pressure test checked out fine when we bought the place 5 years ago.<br /><br />The plumber did say that tree roots won't invade pvc, but if it does somehow get cracked the roots can enter & do more damage.<br /><br />rolmops, they didn't make a videotape, but the wife was there to see it in realtime. Plus which the day they snaked it out I was standing there watching as they retreived the snake & saw 'em drag roots out with it.<br /><br />Existing cleanout is right next to the house (1 or 2 feet); the sewer line damage is maybe 5 feet or so away, which is where the tree is. It's a good 30 to 40 feet from the street, and it has to go under a sidewalk.<br /><br />bad news: the garden takes up about two-thirds of the yard from house to street - that's a lot of potential broken sewer line!<br /><br />We'd already decided to take the tree out; too close to the house anyway. It's too much of a chore to keep trimming branches away from the house plus which we'd like more sun in that part of the garden. There's three groups of yaupon hollies that have grown tall and I've trimmed to form a canopy that covers a surprisingly large area. Put a small brick patio with a glider; even on 100 degree days it's tolerable to sit out there if there's just a slight breeze. And we still have two of those towering old oak trees.