Anybody Do Any Meat Smoking?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Anybody Do Any Meat Smoking?

I use a stove top smoker, OBJ. I smoke salmon and beef jerky (will add venison jerky in season).<br /><br />I marinate the salmon in teriyaki and ginger and the jerky in teriyaki and worchestershire sauce.<br /><br />I use aspen to smoke the salmon and either mesquite or hickory for the jerky.<br /><br />YUM! :)

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

? Just how many EZ-Wider double wides does it take ta roll a 5 pounder? And how many can party off it?

rwise

Captain

Must have a lot of Cheech and Chong big bamboo albums around

magster65

Commander

For smoking beef I like a Teriyaki brine with a little salt, pepper and brown sugar. If I have it I'll put in a splash of red wine.<br />This is yummy stuff! I have to hide it or the guests turn into a pack of hungry wolves once they get a taste of it!<br />It's a simple recipe but I think it's just as good as the ones that have 'tons' of ingredients.<br />Oh, I use hickory to smoke with... about 4 cups in a 'big chief' smoker, no more than that.

LadyFish

Admiral

Originally posted by Ron G:<br /> love anthing deepfry every tried wild turkey smoked awsome,ladyfish were you find your recitein tn?tn has alot of bbq competions year round.
Ron, I got my first pulled pork from this little shack on a back road near Clarkesville, TN where my Dad lives. It was from this Mom and Pop place and you would never expect the best pork BBQ I ever had to come from this little place.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

You folks reeeeeeaaaalllly know how ta' make a person drool....*slurp*.....Keep 'em coming folks.....I'll print them all out.....soon as I get my machine back up.......I'm on herselfs puter....been doing some re-modeling and don't have all the "stuff" back together yet.<br /><br />Most times I find the simplist recipes are the tastiest....The glaze herself uses is just a mix of honey and brown sugar.....but you can add what ever seasoning you want to the mix. Really nice topping on pork.

TwoBallScrewBall

Lieutenant Commander

Hey that guy that posted the thing about being all disappointed or something a couple weeks ago probably knows something about smoking meat. <br /><br />*ZAP*

one more cast

Captain

LadyFish, I sometimes make pulled pork in my crock pot. Not as tasty as the smoked kind but I can go fishing all day and still have it for dinner.

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant

Tried smokin' beef once damn cow kicked me in the face.........

Ron G

Commander

nothing like a good slow cooked brisket.

rwise

Captain

Ron I got that covered!<br /><br />alright now, I got off my "secret" recipe, lets have some more!