Any way to remove Hotjar "Feedback" box from screen?

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
Is there any way to remove that annoying Hotjar Feeback box from the righthand side of the every single screen? It frequently gets in the way (e.g., it covers the arrow to advance photos when scrolling through multiple photos in full scree mode) and it makes absolutely no sense to have it in a forum environment. I can see how it might be useful on the commercial iboats store site (although, frankly, it's annoying there, too), assuming anyone actually uses it, but I find it hard to believe it has much value on the forum side. What sort of feedback is sought? It's not even clear what its purpose is.

The 'new' forum software is SO much better than what we had previously, but this sort of meaningless clutter really degrades from the ease of using the forums. Is there any user-controlled setting that makes this sort of visual detritus go away, or is this something that is globally controlled? I would love to turn it off, if I could.

Thanks!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I've never run across any Hotjar feedback, but look at this;

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member

GA_Boater

I can't turn off something I don't see. Anyway, us Mods wouldn't have that kind of power.

How long has it been popping up?

aspeck

Staff member
Today is the first I have noticed it ... and yes, it is annoying ... and no, we need admin to do this, mods cannot ... admin has been notified ...

southkogs

Staff member
It's been up for a few days, at least since I got back in town on Tuesday.

GA_Boater

I still don't see a Hotjar thingie on my screen. What does it look like and maybe one of my three ad blockers catches it?

jbcurt00

Staff member
Isnt popping up on my cell..... ad blocker might be blocking it :confused:

jbcurt00

Staff member
Spoiler alert:
Click blur
what the heck is this?

Weird 'feature'

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
Sorry, I should have included this in the first post. It's the orange rectangle at the far right of the image.
hotjar.JPG