any trick to getting water out of engine oil?

Hays00

Cadet
Re: any trick to getting water out of engine oil?

thanks guys. sorry for the delay in posting. i'm pretty sure i got the intrusion taken care of. i was told replace one quart of oil with kerosine, run to operating temp with filler cap off, then do it again. when it starts to clear up keep changing without the kerosine. might take 2 times with kerosine. also use a thin oil like 5w20. when the waters pretty much gone go back to 25w40. thanks again.

Diesel works as well. Replace 1 quart of oil with 1 of diesel. I sank a jeep in a river was in for over an hour had more than 5 gal of water come out when I pulled drain plug. I used diesel to get it going again.

cr2k

Captain

Water and fuel are not emulsified as the water and oil are so it won't sink to the bottom. It works the same with fuel, if you heat it and stir or shake it it won't separate very well either. It's kinda like the chocolate syrup in the milk after you stir it.

If you haven't noticed marked improvement after 2 or 3 oil changes, you probably haven't fixed the problem anyway.

This is getting as bad as a "what oil should I use" thread.

JustJason

Vice Admiral

if your wallet concious you can use walmart oil and framo filters to save a few bucks if your just doing changes to get the water out.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander

That whole toilet paper oil filter deal is like a religious cult.
Believers are fanatics, everyone else knows they are crazy.

wca_tim

Lieutenant Commander

diesel works great. if you want to make quick work of it, do 50 50 diesel and oil like don siad. has worked like a charm for me on several occassions.