any tire preference for vans at the boat ramp?

Philster

Captain
All-Terrain tires give up grip on asphalt and concrete so they can play off road sometimes. Get good street tires, weather it's a summer tire or all-season tire, and M+S rated won't hurt.

Stick to a major manufacturer.

tpenfield

Staff member
Greetings @Philster . . . we haven't seen you around in a while. Didn't you have a Checkmate boat? Still have it?

As for the ramp tires . . . I echo many of the comments . . . good tread, proper inflation.

Philster

Captain
Greetings @Philster . . . we haven't seen you around in a while. Didn't you have a Checkmate boat? Still have it?

As for the ramp tires . . . I echo many of the comments . . . good tread, proper inflation.

As my sig says, I've been out of boating for --gulp-- ten years. Was busy getting divorced, getting kids through high school, then through college, and then to be homeowners.

Busy ten years! lol. Yes, had a Checkmate 24 BRX with 300 HP Merc Optimax.

I moved into a waterfront home and want to forget ten boatless years (my only boatless years).

(humbled to be remembered)

cyclops222

Petty Officer 2nd Class
If you going to go & use green and brown slimy covered ramps ? Looking for impossible to tow out of ramps ? Make sure you have a tow point on the front of the truck. Attached to the frame would be best. a Strong idiot will yank off or bend the bumper. The other solution is a strong enough front bumper winch..... YOU CONTROL ONLY. A clicker key FOB type.