Any thoughts on Zell Miller joining Fox News

ob

Admiral
Guy makes a couple of fiery statements during the election and "viola" ,he gets offered a job.I tell ya ,it don't matter what side of the coin you're on,this popularity news media frenzy is getting out of hand.Who's next ? A cat that barks.That's my thoughts.

KaGee

Admiral
Re: Any thoughts on Zell Miller joining Fox News

I think he'll bring some balance to the network. One thing, you got to respect a man who is not afraid to speak what's on his mind.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Yea KG, but that won't work. You got to speak the media's mind, not your's.<br />read:Say what they want you to.

NYMINUTE

Captain

FOX is a second rate network, always was always will be. Not that the others are good, FOX just.... well they are the caboose.

theriver

Petty Officer 1st Class

Who's he going to challenge to a duel now?

gaugeguy

Captain

Hopefully he'll challenge Matthews again, and follow through and choke him out this time ;)

KaGee

Admiral

FOX NEWS NY, Not the FOX NETWORK... two different entities... technically speaking.

theriver

Petty Officer 1st Class

Very ironic that he's getting into the news business. He doesn't work under pressure too well.<br /><br />Listen here... Lost his marbles

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by ob:<br /> Guy makes a couple of fiery statements during the election and "viola" ,he gets offered a job.I tell ya ,it don't matter what side of the coin you're on,this popularity news media frenzy is getting out of hand.Who's next ? A cat that barks.That's my thoughts.
Very true. I'm afraid when it comes to the "bottom line", FOX is no stranger to sensationalism, dirty laundry, and train derailing. However, they draw the line with fraudulent reporting (so far anyhow).<br />It's the only reason they are number one amoung thier peers.<br />As for Zell Miller, hey, if that's the best he can do, more power to him. I personally think it is way beneath his ability, and would hold-out for president in 2008 if I were him. I am one republican who would switch parties to give him my vote.

theriver

Petty Officer 1st Class

OMG-You'd vote for a politician/"President" who'd threaten a talk show host/reporter during a routine interview? How pathetic can Zell be?

hayhauler

Petty Officer 2nd Class

In my opinion FOX news is as unbiased, or moreso than CNN,, or MSNBC. None of them are completely unbiased, if that's even possible.<br /><br />Zell is a conservative Democrat who speaks his mind. He won't be better, or worse, he'll be different. I'd rather hear his opinions than Dan Blathers. I couldn't vote for him for president, Kennedy was probably the last Democrat I could have voted for, and I wasn't old enough. I did vote for Carter when he ran for re-election, I was wrong. There hasn't been another Democrat I've felt good about since then.<br /><br />Anyway, I couldn't vote for Zell for Pres., but I can listen to him express opinions on the news.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by theriver:<br /> OMG-You'd vote for a politician/"President" who'd threaten a talk show host/reporter during a routine interview? How pathetic can Zell be?
You see that, I saw truth and a fearless, unwavering stand on his priciples.<br />Amazing, this different perspective!<br /><br />But yeah, ok. Maybee turning on my party to cast a vote for Zell is a stretch...perhaps..<br />but I truely admire him,and respect his opinions.<br />And, in a hypothetical election for persident,2008, between two Canidates<br /><br />Zell Miller, (Democrat)<br />John McCaine, (Republican), <br />Yes,I would switch parties long enough to vote for Zel

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by theriver:<br /> Very ironic that he's getting into the news business. He doesn't work under pressure too well.<br /><br />Listen here... Lost his marbles
You got to be kidding me, theriver. Zell Miller chewed Chris Matthews up and spit him out in that interview. Chris Matthews continually tries to cow people and Zell Miller handled him beautifully. He's one of the greatest oraters of our time. That interview was only second to Millers speech at the Convention.<br /><br />I'd say he did quite well, under pressure!

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Zell Miller didn't chew Chris Matthews up. He erupted into an ad hominem attack rather than answer the questions. He's a joke and Fox News deserves him. Should be a great match-up. <br /><br />Greatest oraters (sic)? Zell's just a withered up southern bubba that has a mediocre command of English.

theriver

Petty Officer 1st Class

<Boomyal>Fair enough. Your opinion, my opnion..Personally, I think he's lost his marbles.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by BoatBuoy:<br /> Zell Miller didn't chew Chris Matthews up. He erupted into an ad hominem attack rather than answer the questions. He's a joke and Fox News deserves him. Should be a great match-up. <br /><br />Greatest oraters (sic)? Zell's just a withered up southern bubba that has a mediocre command of English.
I guess you must have had your Democrat earplugs on, BoatBuoy. He answered every question well, once he got Matthews to shut up.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by theriver:<br /> <Boomyal>Fair enough. Your opinion, my opnion..Personally, I think he's lost his marbles.
That's what I'd expect proponents of Tom Daschle to say.

ob

Admiral

Originally posted by 12Footer:<br />
Originally posted by ob:<br /> Guy makes a couple of fiery statements during the election and "viola" ,he gets offered a job.I tell ya ,it don't matter what side of the coin you're on,this popularity news media frenzy is getting out of hand.Who's next ? A cat that barks.That's my thoughts.
Very true. I'm afraid when it comes to the "bottom line", FOX is no stranger to sensationalism, dirty laundry, and train derailing. However, they draw the line with fraudulent reporting (so far anyhow).<br />It's the only reason they are number one amoung thier peers.<br />As for Zell Miller, hey, if that's the best he can do, more power to him. I personally think it is way beneath his ability, and would hold-out for president in 2008 if I were him. I am one republican who would switch parties to give him my vote.
Zells' ok in my book too.Just think it's kind of presumptuous of Fox to want to make him another household face in the wake of his stance during the election.Heck ,it might turn out to be quite entertaining.I personally don't like too much entertainment or opinions though,when I tune in to the news.Just facts.And,that is getting harder to find by the minute.Ratings seem to dictate in this multi-media climate of today.Many facts have to be surgically removed by the listener.