Any or how many Glasply owners out there?

glasply 23

Recruit
Re: Any or how many Glasply owners out there?

Thought I would say hello and briefly tell you how I just became a Glasply owner. About a year ago, my wonderful wife, and I decided to buy a boat. We went through the discussions of boat type, size, amenities, gear and so on. We settled and agreed that 22 to 24 would be perfect for us, allowing room for friends, and room for some serious fishing and crabbing. And so the research started, as did the boat savings account. After some weeks, we both settled on 3 or 4 different boat makes, Glasply being one of them. I became a
craigslist addict. For months, every night, drove my wife crazy, until one night I came out of the office with the ad for our boat. When she read it, she agreed we should call. I did and found a veteran boater, and very nice fellow on the other end. He had a "24'" Glasply sitting on a tandem axle trailer, down in the southwestern part of the state.(wa.) The price was so low that I first questioned the ad, but he verified it. So now I have a 5-6 hour drive, and no time to do it, due to work. I said Saturday, and he said be early, a dozen others would be coming too. So the next morning,(Wed.) I left the house at 3 A.M. enroute to Long Beach. When I saw it, I about croaked. I'm looking at a '69 23' Glasply cuddy with hardtop, in really nice shape. With believe it or not.........Radar, working.

My wife says I'm getting to windy, so suffice it to say, I bought it, and am now about ready to fish with it, set aside a couple of small problems, that I will be asking advice on, here on the forum.

Look forward to sharing with everyone.
Glasply 23

Glasply_Rob

Cadet

Hi Guys,

I just happened to jump back on iboats.com here to see if anyone is hanging out in this section. Glad to see there are still some more Glasply owners out there!!

(trying to be polite here) If you want to really get some information on your boats and talk with over 50 other Glasply owners I would strongly suggest checking out www.glasply.net and their forum section. Great people on there that have lots to offer. Just my $.02.

Take care!
Rob

glasply79

Recruit

Aloha,
I am a Glasply owner of a 24 ft cuddy like Capt. Bobs'. I have spent the last 3 years restoring her, and hasnt been in the water in that long. I am building a website documenting the entire project and will post it here .when it is up and running. Her is a pic or two...
Aloha,
Mike

Attachments

• Image006.jpg
    Image006.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 1
  • engine.jpg
    engine.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 1

Captain Bob

Cadet

Well,
I'm having to sell her...
Like to see $12K
She's a nice boat
Please pass the word.
If interested you can either PM or e-mail me (see my profile)
Thanks
Bob

dunebug

Cadet

Hi this is Dave in Texas this is my Glasply 1976 19' I haven't ben able to attend the rendezvoused due to distance however their are several glasply's around Texas perhaps we can have a small one day.

41c5202b.jpg

akskipper

Recruit

DSC00049
[/IMG]
Hey All,

Just wondering if there is anyone out there still that owns, likes and wants to share some pics and info on their Glasply's?
I think they are great boats, especially for the money given the workmanship of their hulls and other details.
I have a 76 21' hardtop that I am doing some remodeling on this winter so it's good and ready for 2007 spring and fishing in Puget Sound.
Here is a small pic of mine in it's slip. "Mean Green Fishing Machine"
49279706-L.jpg

49279707-L.jpg

Thanks guys and hopefully see some more show up!

Chris OD

Recruit

Rob,hi I just picked a 19ft cuddy 2181 with a trashed seadrive system on a full transum and am planing to replace wi an new outboard,and my question is what size out board may have been on it since it was not on the boat when I picked it up the boat is an 1982 with an hard top.Any help would be very helpful during the restoration thanks.A new happy owner of one the best boats out there.
Chris

kanuckle head

Recruit
Look'n for my dads last Glasply a mid 80's 26ft'r

Look'n for my dads last Glasply a mid 80's 26ft'r

I never own'd a Glssply but my father had 4 of um a 19 sportz hard top, a 23 sun bridge ,a 24 Alaskan bulk head & the one I have been looking for is 26 ,very similar to their last model the 30 ft'r flagship with a small fly bridge
It ran twin 470 merks .......quite under power'd in my eyes & kinda a piece of sh*t

My reason 4 hunting this craft is my father sold this boat to start our company
& now the business has flourished for more than 25 years
I'd like to have that particular boat back & show my father that the 26 ft GLASPLY was not a sacrifice for the company but a pillar for the building block for what we are now
We live in Canada's Pacific North West & she was sold to a BC native

I personally have had my Grady White 4 years & re powered it with a Suzuki 4 stoke & is my main source of enjoyment Catchin on the west coast of Van. Isl.
But I'd trade my grady in a heart beat to get my fathers 26 Glasply!!!!!!!!!

Capn Klaus

Cadet

Hello all,

I just purchased...rather traded my boat for a 1976 24' Glasply boat and am new to this forum. I pick it up this weekend (Sept 26/09) to start some work on it. I plan on updating the cabin and check for hull damage. The owner has had the boat for 9 yrs and has done alot of work to it.

My question to you other Glasply owners.....How do I know for sure the wood has rot on/in it? Is my 76 Glasply boat fully fibreglass?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Capn Klaus

eldee

Recruit

Hey all! I have a '74 19' Glasply hardtop. The previous owner allowed it to get a bunch of rust on the hull. I have been slowly getting it off. Am now waiting for a new starter for my 140 GM. Love the boat! We launched it last year and when we tried to start it, the battery died. I had another in the back of my truck, went and got it and installed it. Now we can go!...Got the engine started and warmed it up...could not shift!. Used the kicker to return to launch area, pulled the boat and took it to the parking area. Water was coming out of the hull but not from the bildge...it was coming from holes the previous owner had put there to install something on the transom. He took whatever it was off but didn't plug the holes. Well as you can tell by now it has become a project boat! I want to take my time and make it look as it did when first put into the water. So... I'll be here asking questions and some will appear stupid but I don't know everything about all things! Thanks for letting me rabmle...Lee

Capn Klaus

Cadet

Hello Lee,

Good to see there are other Glasply owners that are on this thread. As you can see, nobody has replied to my post which is just before yours. I have been posting on the restoration thread as I to have to do a total restoration. If your going to stay on this thread, I will monitor it more closely and we can chat about our builds respectively.

Good luck on your build.

Klaus

EZdrifter

Recruit

Hi guys, I have a 23 cuddy and love it, would like some info on the rendezvous I live in Puyallup Wa.

webfeet

Recruit

hi there, I had no idea there was a Glasply web forum out there. I just bought an 81 glasply 17 ft. powered by Johnson 115 outboard. The boat appears in new condition and has been an indoor stored boat since new. I am going to Ocean Shores this weekend to drag it home. Don't know much about glasply brand, but have heard good things about them. I'm excited to get out in the water with it. I've been reading this forum and hope to run into some of my fellow glasply owners out there on puget sound waters from time to time. So long for now and keep the shiny side up.

Your friend and mine, Webfeet

Bluegrassguy

Recruit

I just bought a 19ft 1970 Glasply with a 4cyl Mercruiser and a 1970 Calkins trailer. It has been sitting for four years so I have alot of work ahead of me.
I am new to this site but not new to boats so will welcome any help.

8hygro

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Hi Guys,

I just happened to jump back on iboats.com here to see if anyone is hanging out in this section. Glad to see there are still some more Glasply owners out there!!

(trying to be polite here) If you want to really get some information on your boats and talk with over 50 other Glasply owners I would strongly suggest checking out www.glasply.net and their forum section. Great people on there that have lots to offer. Just my $.02.

Take care!
Rob

I have been trying for a couple weeks to sign-up on that site. Frankly at this point I am sure someone somewhere is tired of getting my e-mails.

I recently saved a 81' 16' runabout with the original 80 merc. The boat had been stored on a freshwater lake for years and let weather. I have gutted it entirely and am getting ready to install a new fabricated fuel tank and tackle a bunch of gelcoat damage.

Also, if anyone knows of a great place/value for a custom canvas top and cover in the puget sound area I would be much obliged!

8hygro

glas23

Cadet

sites back up come on over for a look lots of good info for a gp owner

Dirty1

Recruit

Hi I have a 1975 19' glasply with a 888 in it. I have not seen another. Do they exsist?
Dave

BMW130

Recruit

Hello, my name is Ben and I own a 1980 18 ft. Glasply run-a-bout powered by a BMW B130 outdrive. I think Glasply made one of the best boats around. If any one has a question about it, please relpy. Mine never saw a lot of use but always ran great.

2glasply

Recruit

yeah i own 1969 glasply that came with mercruiser 80 that i swaped in 180 hp ironduke that i built 120 b;ock 3.0l head gm performance cam shaft mercruiser 140 outdrive flys on the water for 15 foot boat my other boat is 1976 18 glasply that i just got a full restore new interior and building a stovebolt chev 6 275 hp it came with 898 outdrive which is v8 outdrive its a ski boat bought to sell but im keeping

Biergarden

Seaman Apprentice

Greetings,

I've got a 19' Glasply hardtop sedan. Wow what a great boat for the rough waters of SE Alaska! It handles it like great.
I've got a Volvo Penta 4.3L GS PBYC Duo Prop. The motor gives me headaches from time to time, but I guess that the price of ocean running.