Any marine electrical control brands to avoid?

ShoestringMariner

Lieutenant Commander
I'm currently looking at Sea Dog toggle panels, digi volt meters and usb/12v ports.
Anyone had luck with this product line?
There's so much offshore crap that doesn't even show up in one piece these days and I'm down the biggest rabbit hole of all times researching this stuff. so many mixed reviews.
This brand doesn't "look" like junk...but who can tell anymore

Anything to avoid?

Any top notch stuff that is well reviewed?

thanks

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
I'm currently looking at Sea Dog toggle panels, digi volt meters and usb/12v ports.
Anyone had luck with this product line?
There's so much offshore crap that doesn't even show up in one piece these days and I'm down the biggest rabbit hole of all times researching this stuff. so many mixed reviews.
This brand doesn't "look" like junk...but who can tell anymore

Anything to avoid?

Any top notch stuff that is well reviewed?

thanks
No experience with Sea dog but D&B list them as Wholesalers for what it's worth.
Always use Blue Seas Systems for marine electronics components

Last edited:

Chris_94_Sprint_TX

Petty Officer 1st Class
I recommend Blue Sea Systems. They’re all I use and most mechanics I talk to recommend them.
Chris

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
It is hard to determine whats what nowadays, but blue sea is my go to right now. Others just don't seem right to me.

ShoestringMariner

Lieutenant Commander
Thanks everyone. I ordered a bunch of products back near the original posting date. Hoping it’s decent enough. Still need goodies for this project and planned future builds so great to know. Appreciate your thoughts

ShoestringMariner

Lieutenant Commander
I personally build my own panels...... Carling switches, ETA or Carling circuit breakers, Hella marine relay panels and fuse panels (if you want to go with fuses) and wire it up yourself.

you can also shop places like Pacer Marine https://www.pacergroup.net/products/
Thanks for the link. The custom marine switch panel choices are a terrific idea. Wish I saw this sooner. NEXT PROJECT!! Lol