Any info on Evinrude Fastwin

Kybuck

Cadet
A buddy of mine has an Evinrude Fastwin 15hp with the pressurized gas tank. It runs good but dont look to good. Says he will sell it to me but I know nothing about boat motors. Can anyone tell me what a good price for this motor would be.Dont know what year it is the only number I could find was the serial #15016-01277. Thanks in advance for any help.

rolmops

Vice Admiral
Re: Any info on Evinrude Fastwin

Hello.<br />Your engine is a 1956 according to the # you gave us.<br />Can you trust your friend?<br />Ask him if you can borrow it for the afternoon.Check it out,or take it to a mechanic and invest a few bucks in having him check it out.<br />If it checks out well,ask the mechanic about the value.<br />Good Luck.

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: Any info on Evinrude Fastwin

My numbers indicate your motor is a 56.As far as price Im going to do a little tap dancing.Its worth what your willing to pay and what hes willing to take.Ive seen restored like new go for<br />500 or more Parts motors go for 25 or so.Prices are usually agreed on by buyer and seller. If you go on the antique outboard motor club site you will see hundreds of adds without one price listed.The motor is collectable to some and just an old motor to others.I would pay between 100 and 200 dollars depending on condition.Could be used as everyday motor though pressure tank fittings and hosecan be hard to find and pricey.<br /> Spike