Any idea what this johnson might be? hp and year range?

ronboonville

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 6, 2012
Messages
287
seahorse.jpg might go look at this but seller knows nothing about it. thanks, ron
 

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020
Joined
Dec 20, 2010
Messages
3,412
Re: Any idea what this johnson might be? hp and year range?

early 40's? If it's the HD20 shown in the picture, I believe that's a 2.5hp.
 
Last edited:

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Jun 21, 2007
Messages
10,486
Re: Any idea what this johnson might be? hp and year range?

They made the HD series of motor from '39 I believe to '51. In '52 the 3hp JW series started. They are fairly easy to work on, parts are abundant with the H and T series of motors, as they made millions of them. I dont think I have any HDs left, but have piles of its bigger brother, the TN, which is a 5hp motor.

Check the compression, looks like its been used quite a bit. If it is too low, just pass on it. Just my 2 cents.

If you get it we can get into more details on its specifics.

If you get the model/serial number we can pinpoint a year. I cant nail it down myself from the pic alone.
 
Top