cabowaboranger

Seaman Apprentice
Re: any bass fishermen in here

fe8878c7.jpg.thumb.jpg
heres one of two boats i own

cabowaboranger

Seaman Apprentice

heres my other toys 01 ranger edge 4x4 and 14 ft mirriorcraft w/35 hp force <br />electric troll motor 44 lb thrust <br />hummmingbird fishfinder
fe6be8ef.jpg.thumb.jpg

corm

Lieutenant Junior Grade

No, I just don't fish tournys anymore.<br />I do still fish when I get time.<br />Boat name = Hogwash, 17' Hydro-Sport,150 Hp<br />L6 Merc, 24" Chopper,and all the other goodies. It is fun.<br />...have fun...corm

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I don't fish competitively. I fish for connecting with my environment and enjoying the company of my descendants and other interesting people. I prefer wilderness water or open blue water. I enjoy both "basses" but my favorites are muskies and mahi-mahi on light casting tackle and trolling for kings in Lake MI.<br /><br />Boston Whaler 17' Montauk, Suzi DF70 EFI 4 stroke, Minn-Kota Auto Pilot, Humminbird and Eagle sonars, Garmin GPS, Uniden VHF. It's on a MagicTilt trailer and I tow it with a Mercedes Benz ML320.<br /><br />Many of us motor-heads are fishermen, too.<br /><br />Smooth waters.<br />JB
smile.gif

markcv

Cadet

Ranger<br /><br />I fish bass in the state of Maine. I live in the most eastern part, in Washington county. I also live very close to New Brunswick Cananda. I tournament fish in Maine and New Brunswick Cananda. I am fishing a circuit in Cananda this year. I also fish local tournaments in Maine. It is mostly smallmouth bass in this area. We do have a couple of lakes that have both. All of my big tournaments are all smallmouth. We have some club tournaments on the lake with the largemouth. This year we are going to have a open on the lake with largemouth.<br />It is alot different fishing largemouth compared to smallmouth. We are very lucky to have some of the best smallmouth fishing in the country. We have over 25 different lakes in a 50 mile radius. Sometimes you go fishing and you better have you cell phone with you. If you brake down, lots of times you will be the only one on the lake. So the boat better in good running condition. If you ever come to Maine let me know. We will go fishing. e-mail me before you come at kmpm@loa.com<br /><br />tight lines<br />markcv

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Salt,fresh,bank,catwalk...what ya got? I love all forms of fishing,but my favorite is bass fishing the canals of Cape Coral,Lehigh Acres,and the Caloosahatchee River.<br />Today,I went out 20miles on a party boat with a group of guys from work.Had a blast,and kicked booty on the snook and reds.<br />We're all planning another trip
smile.gif

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Said snook,i meant GROUPER in the msg above.

cabowaboranger

Seaman Apprentice

grouper they go about 300 lbs or so dont they <br />i just got back from shark fishing for blues here in the pacific ocean i got 6 ft strong fighter about 45 min <br />cut it off and released it <br />they got mean looking eyes no sight of any great whites maybe when we go to the fallon island next time (breding grounds for gw )

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

The grouper get huge. We can't keep them under 21",and that's about a 7lb fish. They have been known to destroy the toughest tackle,and straighten hooks.<br />And talk about a fighter! They are easy to pull horizontally, but the fight is in getting them off the bottom.