antique

dennisrhall

Seaman
I belive a automobile is considered an antique at 30 years old. I was wondering about a boat , how old must a boat be before being considered an antique?

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander
Re: antique

Dennisr...antique classifications have more to do with historical and cultural values than age...as far as auto's go most oldies are called classics...a hundred year old boat may be called classic also. You may be better off asking a museum curator that question because it's way confusing. It seems to be more of a marketing term these days anyroad...just a Thought<br /> :cool:

Bondo

Staff member

I Hope it's Not 30 years.............<br /><br />That covers All of My Boats..................... :D

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral

According to the Antique and Classic Boat Society (www.acbs.org), there are six classifications:<br />Historic: A boat built up to and including 1918.<br />Antique: A boat built between 1919 and 1942, inclusive.<br />Classic: A boat built between 1943 and 1968, inclusive.<br />Production contemporary: A production wooden boat built 1969 to present. <br />Custom Contemporary: A modified or one-of-a kind wooden boat built 1969 to present. <br />Replica: A boat built in a non-production manner,.<br /><br />I would guess that the cut-off for "Classic" designation will be flexible in the future, and I think unofficially it is set as 30-years ago from present.<br /><br />- Scott

Bass Runner

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Hummmmmmmmm I guess from all ive heard on this post I have a Antique Truck (1959 GMC 100) Towing my Clasic boat (1959 Texas Maid Fiesta) Wierd combination.