Another VP trim issue - working switches & pump, but no power to throttle switch

Huskerhammer

Recruit
I have been digging through this forum, and the troubleshooting guides, but failing. Everything works on my trim unit: 1) Runs up & down from the Bow toggle all the time; 2) if I jumper power to the throttle toggle (red wire) the trim pump unit works. The blue & green are spliced into the Bow toggle just under the throttle unit. The Red, Green, Blue become a flat cable and runs to the back of the engine where a 3 Bladed fitting then runs it down to the Trim pump.I cannot find the 10 amp fuse (#15) shown in some VP Trim Troubleshooting schematics. Where is it? Am I missing something else?

2006? VP 4.3 GL-A, Larson SEI19, sterndrive SX, bow trim rocker and throttle trim rocker. Only has trim position sender, not trim limit sender.

Thanks for your patience and assistance.
Eric

alldodge

Staff member
Don't know where the fuse is, on a Merc its at the pump.
Do check continuity of the wires at the connector, many times the connector is the problem

Huskerhammer

Recruit
Thanks alldodge. It was mounted on the trim pump (two red wires going into a black "cap" and pull it apart and there is a fuse there. For others...this fuse at the pump was for the throttle trim switch. The trim switch mounted remotely on the bow is powered from the panel up front. The Blue (up) and Green (down) wires are spliced together under the throttle before going to the engine compartment. BTW - 10 amp fuse.