FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hello have a 1974 mc-1 mercruiser. The previous owner has been using tractor fluid made by valvoline. I don't know if this is the proper weight. Any help would be a plus. I am a new boater... thanks, Kelly
I'm sure what it is is a hydraulic fluid. If that's what he has been using than I would keep using it. If you planned to change to something else like oil you would need to flush the complete system. I think them old pumps called for 20 wt. oil however about anything will work in them. I know some people run transmission fluid which is a hydraulic fluid in them also.
I'm sure what it is is a hydraulic fluid. If that's what he has been using than I would keep using it. If you planned to change to something else like oil you would need to flush the complete system. I think them old pumps called for 20 wt. oil however about anything will work in them. I know some people run transmission fluid which is a hydraulic fluid in them also.