Another Jib Jab

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Another Jib Jab

It was, Mr. LF.<br /><br />I think it is funny, but a bit blue for this site and said so. I left it alone because it had been shown (with one bleep) on the Today Show.<br /><br />Someone else poofed it. May happen again.

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer

4_1_72.gif

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

JB, please define Too Blue. Are you so Republican that you can laugh at the jabs poked at the Democrats and feel insulted by the jabs poked at the Republicans? I thought it was the only completely balanced thing I've seen in months. (I'm assuming you're referring to the democratic electoral states shown as blue and the republican ones as red.)

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I have to admit it was very funny :D , but the humour was based on pretty dicey info/research...<br /><br />For example, it amazes me that anyone would still think Halliburton was an election issue, given the research at factcheck.org about it. <br /><br /> http://www.factcheck.org/article.aspx@DocID=261.html

SpinnerBait_Nut

62_Kiwi, it is just another item the dems like to keep throwing up in the American people's faces.

LadyFish

Admiral

Kiwi, fact is that political rhetoric is untrue or partial facts, just part of the game. <br /><br />We as American's are left trying to sort it all out and find an ounce of truth in it all, in order to make an educated vote. Problem is, most people won't take the time to research facts and come to any other conclusions than the ones drilled into their heads by the candidate or the media.<br /><br />I guess it goes back to the age old adage "believe half of what you read, and none of what you hear".

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Well allrighty then.<br /><br /><br />
Originally posted by WillyBWright:<br /> JB, please define Too Blue.
It just eats you up inside, don't it,Will?

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

LadyFish, I agree with your comments. The politicians here in NZ do exactly the same thing.<br /><br />I only wish we too had an excellent resource like factcheck.org, to get fast access to the facts from a non-partisan organisation. It's a pity we don't get that type of unbiased service from our news networks...

JB

Hi, Willy.<br /><br />"Too blue" to me means portrayals of unsuitable behavior and use of unsuitable language for a family site.<br /><br />I have no problem laughing at ridicule of democrats (or republicans, for that matter) when it is suitable for our family environment.<br /><br />NBC warned of content not suitable for children and potentially offensive when they showed it, and they bleeped a part.<br /><br />I rate this one X.<br /><br />Is a balance of insults truly "unbiased", or is it just barroom humor?