Anchor Storage up front in my 1802

skibug

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I have owned a 96 1802 for a while now and one thing the really gets to me is that there is no anchor storage up front. Has anyone cut a hatch in up front on the flat sloped portion of the bow. That section sits right above the small storage area in the front of the cabin and it looks like I could just cut a hatch in and store the anchor there. What does everyone else do with their anchor and rope on their 1802. I fish and dive all the time and the anchor is needed and it is just a pain to have to lug the anchor up front everytime.

LukeB

Cadet
Re: Anchor Storage up front in my 1802

I will be doing this to my boat soon but with a windlass. I will take pics of the process that I can email you..
Luke

skibug

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I will be doing this to my boat soon but with a windlass. I will take pics of the process that I can email you..
Luke

Look forward to seeing the pics.

springhead

Petty Officer 2nd Class

i store the bracket on the outside of the bow rail and put the rope around the bottom of the anchor then go around the cleat holding the anchor against the rubrail then hang the rope from the bow rail , neither inside
the boat. if you want a picture i can put it here.

tomxdana

Seaman

I'd like to see a picture of that. I have one of those brackets but haven't been using it because I didn't know what it was for.

Not to hijack this thread but if you're taking a picture of that could you also take a picture of the bilge pump setup in the cuddy area?
Someone replaced the switch and bilge with a pump with a sensor built in. I don't like that and would like to add the switch back in. I bought a switch but could not get it to fit.

Thanks if you can help,
Tom

ronj

Seaman

I have a 2006 1802 and have ordered a Quick 600-7 windlass I am going to install. Trophy sayes it is ahard install but can be done.Just finished a swim platform and lenco trim tabs. As long as they make fiberglass you can still fix screwups.

springhead

Petty Officer 2nd Class

all i do when trailering or out in the water is tie a rope around the anchor to the front cleat to keep it tight against the rub rail

Attachments

• Picture 001 (Small).jpg
    Picture 001 (Small).jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Picture 002 (Small).jpg
    Picture 002 (Small).jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Picture 003 (Small).jpg
    Picture 003 (Small).jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 5

springhead

Petty Officer 2nd Class

bilge pump in cuddy

Attachments

• Picture 008 (Custom).jpg
    Picture 008 (Custom).jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Picture 004 (Small) (WinCE).jpg
    Picture 004 (Small) (WinCE).jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Picture 005 (Small).jpg
    Picture 005 (Small).jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 4

tomxdana

Seaman

Thanks for taking the time to snap the pictures. I'm not sure if I tried to put it in on an angle like that. I was also trying to get it in the lowest part of cuddy but it looks like yours is out of that little indented area.

Again thanks for the photos,
Tom