Anchor & Dock Line Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nizoj

Cadet
Hello!

I'm curious where you all attach your dock lines and anchor line and fenders.

What is the official term for the rope that is threaded across the top of the boat? That seems like the simple place to attach lines but they shift and slide a bit. There is the bow ring and the towing rings but those are a little tough to get to over the side. There are plastic handles that are maybe a better bet for the dock lines. There are also "accessory only" rings on the beam that I'm a little worried about tying a load to. No cleats anywhere.

Any other anchor tips? I'm not used to having to tie an anchor knot each time I drop it. What knot do you use?

Attachments

• photo339171.jpg
    photo339171.jpg
    983.4 KB · Views: 4

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
If that's a Sib, need to attach a Y line to both small d'ring located at bow's side and tie the anchor rope there, would recommend to buy a rope dispenser to unroll/roll the needed amount of rope when anchoring, check pics.

Bow Anchor Line.JPG

Don't tie anything to the bow's super d'ring, it's just for lifting purposes along side handles. Depending on the bow rope configuration could secure an anchor there, post a pic to have a look...

Anchor Line Organizer.JPG

Happy Boating

Last edited:

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Won't be possible to hang a danforth type anchor on the bow line on your actual all around rope configuration, will swing sideways when boat it's on its way, at plane, when encountering hard wind, choppy water conditions. Better get a medium size plastic container and store the anchor and line at bow front...

Happy Boating

Ralphen

Recruit
Won't be possible to hang a danforth type anchor on the bow line on your actual all around rope configuration, will swing sideways when boat it's on its way, at plane, when encountering hard wind, choppy water conditions. Better get a medium size plastic container and store the anchor and line at bow front...

Happy Boating
Thanks for the update and quick reply. I'll be sure to keep an eye on this thread. Looking for the same issue. I am also encountering this issue. Dont know why its hapenning.

Status
Not open for further replies.