an WHY are we ******* with this comet, anyway..??

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander
Re: an WHY are we ******* with this comet, anyway..??

Thanks for putting me right snapper.<br /><br />Just goes to show you can,t believe everything you read ;)

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

The stuff they do at the space program don't help the needed and homeless here at home.<br />How about spending some of that taxpayer 333 million on new homeless shelters and shelters for people that need a place to get a meal.<br /><br />3.5 million people are homeless in the US.<br />1.35 million are children.<br />Now there is a place to spend some money on if they wanted to.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

SBN, that 333 million went to a bunch of people who then were able to pay higher taxes, and also donate that money to the homeless. It didnt just disappear.<br /><br />Actually, we need the practice in case we have to shoot one to save the earth.<br /><br />Also, if we can discover how the universe was made, we might be able to find a free energy device, or cold fusion device. Ultimately that is what all this space stuff is leading up to.<br /><br />Ken

crab bait

Captain

feed 'um TANG..<br /><br />what ,, were they born with a plastic spork in their mouths..??

marcmccain

Petty Officer 1st Class

NASA gave us teflon, disposable diapers, the heart pump, smoke detectors, etc., etc., etc,... These were just a few that I could remember so I searched the net and found this:<br /> http://www.ethicalatheist.com/docs/benefits_of_space_program.html <br /><br />Interesting to see what all the space program has given us (every country in the world) as byproducts of it's research and expendatures. Each can draw their own conclusion according to their value system.

D

DJ

SBN,<br /><br />"The poor will ALWAYS be with you".<br /><br />Jesus.

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer

How was the world created?<br /><br />"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." Genesis 1:1<br /><br />How will the world end?<br /><br />"Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will never pass away." Matthew 24:35<br /><br />"Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea existed no longer." Revelation 21:1<br /><br />Now, show me the money! :cool:

NYMINUTE

Captain

333 Million $$ What a colossal waste of money. We could have fixed SS, invested in cures for many syndromes, Gave some back to the taxpayers. Then I guess it is better we spent it there then giving it to illegals to build homes and businesses.

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

An why are we ***** with this comet? you ask<br /><br />Perhaps the question is why is the comet ****&$%#^ with us.<br /><br />Sure hope it learned it's lesson<br /><br />My question is: is it coincidence it happened on the weekend it did?

SpinnerBait_Nut

Don't know neumanns, looks like if they waited a week or so it would have been closer and they could have got a bigger bang for their bucks.

JB

SBN. What would you then do with the thousands of WORKING people that would be out of a job?<br /><br />Crabby. Okay, I have to let the truth out. Astronomers had calculated that the comet was going to hit the earth and extinguish all life on July 4th, 2056. By knocking it just slightly off course they prevented that. It wont hit now until July 5th. :D

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

James, you told us who, not how. The bible is light on details.<br /><br />Ken

CalicoKid

Lieutenant Commander

I've said this before.. NASA funding is being spent exploring for precious resources in space. Once the R+D is paid for with tax dollars the extraction will be subsidized and profits will be privatized.

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by KenImpZoom:<br /> James, you told us who, not how. The bible is light on details.<br /><br />Ken
You are right on both accounts. Could you imagine how thick the Bible would be if God not only told us that He did it (day 1 - day 6), but every detail? Besides the creation account, I've often wondered other things that aren't mentioned (or mentioned in detail) in the Bible.<br /><br />What was Jesus like as a kid? Was he good in school? What did he do before he was 30 and started his earthly ministry? Did Adam and Eve have navels? How do dinosaurs fit in with the age of the earth according to the Bible? Where did Cain get his wife?<br /><br />The list goes on...

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

James...He was born on a small farm, worked as a fisherman and a carpenter. No navels or grapefruit but I understand they did have figs...Boy is it a boring day here at the neumanns, guess I should go find some hay.

JRJ

Commander

Good job NASA :cool:

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

"an WHY are we ******* with this comet, anyway..?? "<br /><br />Plain and simple 'cause comets are sexy :p

crab bait

Captain

or just how hard JOESPH *****slappped MARY for gettin' pregnant..

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by crab bait:<br /> what's the purpose..??
Well did anyone here on earth/iboats actually see this comet?? Ofcourse not. It doesnt exist. Never did. The Goverment is telling us it cost 333M to shoot a space snowball to cover up the 333M they spent on telling us UFO's are not real!<br />Me thinks the "Greys" put them up to this :D <br /><br />Your right.. the 5th of July is Boring at Links place also ;)

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by Link:<br />
Originally posted by crab bait:<br /> what's the purpose..??
The Goverment is telling us it cost 333M to shoot a space snowball to cover up the 333M they spent on telling us UFO's are not real!
'nuff said. ;)