An Addiction

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant
Is anybody else as addicted to this website as I am?<br /><br />I can't fire up IE without checking this site. Except at work. It is one that is blocked. Not because of me, but it is blocked. :( <br /><br />Just thought I would ask.<br /><br />AK Chappy<br /><br /><br />BTW, this is my promotion post :) I get to be a CPO now, wooooohoooo.

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant
Re: An Addiction

LMAO!!<br /><br />Maybe a GNOME, but not a TROLL.<br /><br /><br />AK Chappy

Kiekhaeferscurse

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Its fun reading here, and wife gets mad when I look at swimsuit pictures or other stuff

jimalsk

Petty Officer 2nd Class

First thing in the morning, last thing at night.

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer

I found this site when I was rebuilding my Glastron and my 50 HP Johnson outboard.<br /><br />One day, I saw, "dockside chat" and wondered what kind of motor is a "dockside chat".<br /><br />That's all she wrote. I enjoy the jokes, the stupid crook news clips, the religious discussion (as long as it remains civil), and especially the people.

OLDSPUD

Petty Officer 1st Class

Boaters I've found have a connection with each other, especially when your on water. Never been around more decent people than when I go to Lake Powell, doesn't even matter what kind of boat Large beauty or a small piece of crap.<br />I guess everyone has had their day learning their boating skills and have had their ramp experiences, ect.<br /><br />so I think the brotherhood or connection is still here and yes I'm addicted. And plus if you need to know something, anything, just ask.<br />I love the opinions of others across this great country, ya even the folks in the North (liberal) east.<br />Spud

LubeDude

Admiral

Its actually the "ONLY" site I go to for sure every morning, afternoon and evening before going to bed!! Ya, Im addicted I guess.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

I'm kicking the iboats, boating, and fishing habbits... Slowly... Not cold turkey, just trying to ween myself off...<br /><br />I started by not reading in the mornings, and I'll be putting the big boat and the heavy trolling outfits up for sale in a few months...<br /><br />I'm gonna beat these addictions.. :)

aspeck

Staff member

Hello, my name is aspeck, and I am an iboats-olic. Unfortunately my support group is also the same, and together we just keep coming back!<br /><br />When over seas, it is a link to home.

Link

Rear Admiral

aspeck <br />When over seas, it is a link to home.<br />Thank you aspect! ;) <br />yea yea pun intended.. <br />AK Chappy<br />You just get connected here. I may not ever get to talk to spinners friends. But if I had a real in life question.. I would not think twice about asking. Spinner or sspect...thats my take..

aspeck

Staff member

"you can check out anytime you want...but you can never leave."

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

Originally posted by snapperbait:<br /> I'm kicking the iboats, boating, and fishing habbits... Slowly... Not cold turkey, just trying to ween myself off...<br /><br />I started by not reading in the mornings, and I'll be putting the big boat and the heavy trolling outfits up for sale in a few months...<br /><br />I'm gonna beat these addictions.. :)
This is the kind of reaction I was hoping for.<br /> :) <br />I asked the question very tongue-in-cheek.<br /><br />If I am glad to have an addiction, it is this place. Link you are right, you can ask and get honest feedback on anything here. Doesn't mean you will like the feedback, but at least it will be honest.<br /><br />AK Chappy

xikxak

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sure as he77 beats watching court tv all day.plus no synthetic vs dino questions here. I still can't make a smily...................

Link

Rear Admiral

AK Chappy <br />Where else could you talk about Greys, Greens, and G*d in the same sentence and still get along?? :) <br />I am going to leave now... really.. I'm leaving now.. just leaving.. yup going to sign out now.. <br />no 12 step program needed.. I can handle this...<br />I'm a Man <br />And I can Change<br />If Ihave to<br />I Guess!...<br /> :)

TwoBallScrewBall

Lieutenant Commander

Every day buddy, we're going to need a support group soon. Or is it that this is the support group???<br /><br /> :D

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

Originally posted by Link:<br /> AK Chappy <br />I'm a Man <br />And I can Change<br />If Ihave to<br />I Guess!...<br /> :)
Red Green rocks!!<br /><br /> :D :D <br />AK Chappy

cajun555

Chief Petty Officer

Yes, its an addiction. <br /><br />This is my story:(short version)<br /><br />Started out just asking one Question on a 56 johnson, Now I have 3 boats, 4 outboards, 25 fishing poles. <br /><br />I think I'm going to have to take up drinking again.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by davexx:<br /> Sure as he77 beats watching court tv all day.plus no synthetic vs dino questions here. I still can't make a smily...................
davexx, hit post a reply and when that box comes up, look down underneath it and you will see the smilies. :cool: :) :D ;) <br />Just click them where you want to put them :eek: <br />but don't use over 8, that's all the image's they allow in one post. :confused:

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by LubeDude:<br /> Its actually the "ONLY" site I go to for sure every morning, afternoon and evening before going to bed!! Ya, Im addicted I guess.
tsk, tsk LD. :D :p