Americas worst Govenor

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
Well it is official. The states got a grade card on ranking the governors of the states.<br /><br />It didn't suprise me that my state of Ohio has the worst governor. Only 2 scored "F"s and we were one of them.<br /><br />The most wonderful thing is term limits, he is on his second and last term. The butt munch should have been recalled long time ago.<br /><br />I couldn't figure out why the diesel fuel jumped way above gas prices. It was a tax he impossed on diesel. He somehow made the media keep quiet about it.<br /><br />Now the truckers fuel up out of state and drive through Ohio. So now there is going to be less diesel sold and less tax. The same with cigs, people are buying out of state to save. So now he is wanting to raise the tax again on cigs causing more smokers to go out of state. This guy just isn't right. <br /><br />For the last 30 years of paying state tax, these last 4 are the only years I have had to pay into the state. Oh, he is rebuilding schools, but there isn't any money to operate them. What an idiot. I think he is a democrat wearing a republican disguise. Yep, it angers me....

Major Woods

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Americas worst Govenor

At least you have a Gov. ours (CT) had to leave office a short time ago for taking bribes for contract steering, etc.....

KaGee

Admiral

Taft is Democrat in Republican Clothing.<br /><br />He's an idiot.<br /><br />We need Ken Blackwell.

Homerr

Commander

You sure your Governor and ours aren't related?<br /><br />Our state still wants to build a baseball stadium at taxpayers expense, yet we have no money for schools and emergency services...<br /><br />But wait.... they are now proposing a 'sur charge' on our auto insurance to help pay for emergency services...<br /><br />Yup.. that's pure logic at work there...<br /><br /> :mad: <br /><br />H.

NYMINUTE

Captain

We can make B errr Mitch Daniels available. This genius is spending large $$ to change to DST. Thinks the economy will improve???? What the heck difference does daylight have to do with the economy? They are all PIRATES.

Laddies

Banned

I would have to vote for John Engler if he was still here, thank god for term limits, but before he left he ran us so far in debt the State of Michigan will struggle for many year to correct his spending of our money--Bob

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

One only needs to look at Wisconsin's Governor list from the last 40 or so years to puke their guts out!<br /><br /><br />"Welcome to Wisconsin .... Chicago's playground".

Bondo

Staff member

We can make B errr Mitch Daniels available. This genius is spending large $$ to change to DST. Thinks the economy will improve???? What the heck difference does daylight have to do with the economy?
Didn't you just post a thread about this........<br /><br />I explained to you how it has Everything to do with Your Economy.........

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by Bondo:<br />
We can make B errr Mitch Daniels available. This genius is spending large $$ to change to DST. Thinks the economy will improve???? What the heck difference does daylight have to do with the economy?
Didn't you just post a thread about this........<br /><br />I explained to you how it has Everything to do with Your Economy.........
Looks like we will wait til 06. Dems walked out.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Nate, they reported this on FOX news out of Cleveland last night. They might have more on it on their website. OOps gotta get back to work, dang cell phone (electronic leash)

KaGee

Admiral

I believe it is a report recently released by the CATO INSTITUTE.

jinx

Senior Chief Petty Officer

At least that clown from NJ is out of office. He would have rated an F for sure.<br /><br />Jinx

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by KaGee:<br /> HERE'S THE REPORT
Maybe Fixin can take a lesson from that report, KaGee. Out of the top 7 grades (A or B) six were Republicans and the one Democrat was, indeed, a respectable mild mannered Democrat from the State of Washington.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

I noticed there's two lists, a "senior class" and a "freshman class."<br /><br />score of 43 in the senior class is a "D" yet a score of 48 in the freshman class is an "F" - guess they're grading on the curve.<br /><br />It's a Cato Institute study - a think tank who's contributors include big oil, big telecomm, big insurance among others, but no money from government.
The Institute is named for Cato's Letters, a series of libertarian pamphlets that helped lay the philosophical foundation for the American Revolution.
I have no reason to suspect a lack of independence.<br /><br />If somebody has time I'd like to know what's the basis of the grades.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

As states continue to claw their way out of the worst state budget hole in years, this report presents the findings of the Cato Institute's seventh biennial fiscal policy report card on the nation's governors. The report card's grading is based on 15 objective measures of fiscal performance. Governors who have cut taxes and spending the most receive the highest grades. Those who have increased spending and taxes the most receive the lowest grades. Our analysis shows that states that keep tax rates low and restrain spending growth have the best economic performance and thus the best longterm fiscal health. <br /><br />This year, four governors receive the grade of A: Arnold Schwarzenegger of California, Craig Benson of New Hampshire, Bill Owens of Colorado, and Judy Martz of Montana. Four governors receive Fs for their poor performance in dealing with the state fiscal crisis: Bob Holden of Missouri, Bob Taft of Ohio, Edward Rendell of Pennsylvania, and James McGreevey of New Jersey. <br /><br />The grades of the governors of some of America’s most populous states are Jeb Bush of Florida, B; George Pataki of New York, B; Rick Perry of Texas, B; and Jennifer Granholm of Michigan, D.

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by laddiesservice:<br /> I would have to vote for John Engler if he was still here, thank god for term limits, but before he left he ran us so far in debt the State of Michigan will struggle for many year to correct his spending of our money--Bob
Hey Bob.... "Jennifer Granholm of Michigan, D." Not too far ahead of Taft. Ask a few small business owners in the Detroit Metro area how she's doing.

LubeDude

Admiral

Id be happy if our Governor even had the B*lls to even take bribes, he is the most unheard Governor I have ever seen untill you hear that he wants to do som D*mb A$$ thing, He is absolutly worthless. And thats how I feel. He should be #1 on the list of Worst!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

NYMINUTE

Captain

Looks like we Americans are generally disgusted with our elected leaders at all levels. It has been sometime since the politicians have made a positive impact on those they represent. Obviously they nor anyone can please all, but over and large they have been less than desireable. US is the best country to live in by far, but the gap has lost a bit of its edge.