AMERICANS----CANADIANS TO THE END

belllake

Cadet
I am a vetran,was stationed in the phillipines and viet nam { 1963-1965}, i saw those wonderful rice patties and 6" leaches,I'm not worried about going to hell, I've been there. reading this page made me feel very good knowing the canadians support us.I met troops from many countries, and have nothing but the highest respect for our friends from north of the border.also, this fight is going to be very different from the others,We havn't finished one since WW11, there is no.korea. no. viet nam,saddam, kadafe.we all owe our butts to the WW11 vets, they kicked butt and saved the world, now lets see if our young troops have the staying power,its time for them to turn their ball caps around, loose the baggy pants and act like men. too bad we don't have Gen. patton and Gen. curtis lemay. during nam, Gen lemay said give me 5 days and i will put N. viet nam back in the stoneage. thanks for the support CANADA,FRIENDS TO THE END. BOB WILLIAMS ;)

evin300

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: AMERICANS----CANADIANS TO THE END

I am very greatful for our cool friends to the north, and thank you belllake for defending our country, I am 41 and did not have to fight in any war, but several times throughout my life I have paused and thought about those who have, It is one of the few times that I feel completely overwhelmed. The courage that it takes to put your life on the line, when the odds are against you. When killing and bieng killed somehow must be put in some kind of perspective, I just cant fathom it. I would like to think that I would do our country proud if faced with that situation, but I know right now, that if I were to make it home alive and have no physical scars, I would still have sacrificed a part of me that will never return. So I see this as the ultimate sacrifice, and I admire the ones before me more than words can describe. What a life of luxury I have lived, never having to accept a challenge like this, thanks belllake and all others for allowing me that. I know that you didnt ask for thanks, and that I am rambling on, but this is important to me and all just IMHO. My hat is off to all past and future warriors. Thanks again for our freedom, its definately worth fighting for.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

Being an eleven year veteran, I can relate. Didn't go to the Gulf, was too busy cranking out fresh recruits at Ft. Benning at the time, but I was always ready and willing to do what it takes. While the new generation may look a little silly with their baggy pants and whatnot, they will do what it takes. They are Americans, poor taste in music not withstanding, and they are descended from the great generation, we need not worry. The Canadians are one of the few who who doesn't spend their time badmouthing us as a hobby, and I can appreciate them. I am even willing to forgive them for making Celine Dion...... :D

gonfishn

Commander

They have always been their with us in the past. We all bled red back in the 60's. It didn't matter where you were from back then. <br /><br /> Proud to have served.