American Idiot

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander
Lyrics :<br /><br />..........<br />............<br /> <br />Don't want to be an American idiot.<br />One nation controlled by the media.<br />Information age of hysteria.<br />It's going out to idiot America.<br /><br />............<br />..........<br /><br />upon further review ... TOUCHDOWN!! GREEN DAY!!

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander
Re: American Idiot

Wow Barlow, and what's it supposed to mean?

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

well ... the way I interpret those four sentences is that this whole society we've known our whole lives has been adversely effected by mis-guided greedy mediums...mostly in a negative fashion and against our better judgement as human beings insulting us.<br /><br />We allow information mediums to contort even further in presentation, always edited and ba$tardi$ed information. Which in turn pushes us further away from our rational thinking and the truth.<br /><br />Lately, upon turning on the radio or television, reading the paper, dealing with people daily on a professional basis through my work.<br /><br />I have become sickened to the point of how people address and generally talk about 'life' and the what's, where's, when's and why's of things (none specifically)... and the amazing amount of utter BULL SHeeT thats being filtered into our already soft minds.<br /><br />I'm no extreemist this or that ... I support the 'I' in LIFE.<br /><br />Just wierd that I noticed all of this garbage that's trying to work itself into our minds and lives like some sort of 'Adware' or 'Trojan Horse' works itself into the things we're typing on right now.... causing total hysteria.<br /><br />You all may see it different.<br />-But- those are your eyes your using and I can accept that If people feel their vision is actually 20/20 .... or is it?<br /><br />The song just put to words my thoughts... a tad erie it was when i actually heard it...<br /><br /> :) sorta like existentialism and Kerry Livgren's (of the band Kansas) song 'Dust In The Wind' .... well maybe not :)

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Well allrighty then.<br /><br />It makes a little more sense now. And I guess i've percieved humanity like that on occasion.<br />But life is so complex, and people are so diverse and at the same time, complex, that there are no pigeon holes that fit all of us.<br />God will sort us all out later. In the meantime, we just have to do unto others as we would have others do unto us----or not.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

Bassy and 12 ... I threw this in here in light of all the media quotations used in Dockside .. <br /><br />LMAO ...How ironic! <br /><br />ie. - Bomar76's post <br /><br />
bomar76 <br />Member # 12011 posted September 25, 2004 04:09 PM<br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br /> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5964341/site/newsweek/ <br />

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

"---They played a kind of ding-dong-ditch—demanding your attention by annoying the hell out of you. They replaced punk's hard-core social rebellion with soft-core potty humor, making "Dookie," "Nimrod" and other CDs classics among Slurpee-chugging chuckleheads.---"<br />Well allrighty then.

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by Barlow:<br /> Bassy and 12 ... I threw this in here in light of all the media quotations used in Dockside .. <br /><br />LMAO ...How ironic! <br /><br />ie. - Bomar76's post <br /><br />
bomar76 <br />Member # 12011 posted September 25, 2004 04:09 PM<br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br /> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5964341/site/newsweek/ <br />
Not even in the same chapter, let alone the same page.<br />You originally posted a quote from a song that there is NFW 99% of the members here would have a clue on earth WTF it was about, let alone have ever heard of the group.<br /><br /><br />Stuff it, Ahole

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

Not even in the same chapter, let alone the same page.<br />You originally posted a quote from a song that there is NFW 99% of the members here would have a clue on earth WTF it was about, let alone have ever heard of the group.<br />
You're telling me that you have to be able to listen to or hear a song in order to recognise and understand what English words mean in plain context??<br /><br />Not to throw this off topic but, I disagree with your detective work in this case.<br /><br />If my memory serves me correctly it was the mid to late 60's and into the 70's that you needed a slide rule, and a few mind altering addatives to have a clue as to what was being said in music lyrics. <br /><br />look at those sentences .. we're talking (at most) a fourth grade level of English here. <br /><br />Bassy - you're a teacher, what grade level are we talkin' here?.. cause I might be wrong on the assumption of fourth.<br /><br />hmmm,,, post wasn't intended to insult anyone ... just wondering if peoples eyes are open to the BS involved in most of the medias information. 12Footer's post gives you a quote that came from the link you posted. . . . (BTW 12Footer, I know - that's pretty rediculous isn't it. Some mighty fine reporting) <br /><br />I'm truely sorry if I hurt your feelings....<br /><br />I'm proud of you too bomar76 :D :D