Amazing fire video

Twidget

Commander
Re: Amazing fire video

Zoiks! Think I'll stay with the fake tree.

sangerwaker

Commander

Holy kiss my joints! I knew it happened fast, but in 20 seconds, the furniture is already on fire.

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

I'm with Twidget!!<br />I am gonna stick with my fake tree. You're right SW 20 seconds!! Doesn't leave much time to escape does it??<br /><br />AK Chappy

sangerwaker

Commander

Sure don't AK. I've seen clips like that before, but never in slow mo with a timer. I'm glad I have a fake tree. I know it's a DRY tree, but still.

phatmanmike

Captain

ive always personally been against getting a "real" tree every year. i think trees should be left to nature or if cut down and killed, at least used for a ppurpose, and placing it in your living room for a few weeks and then throwing it in the trash is not exactly "using it for a purpose"<br /><br />i have a fake tree that takes me and the wife about 2 hours to set up and light. cost us $200.00, and after a total of 4 years, will pay for itself as each tree is $50 around here!

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Hey pmMike, thanks for buying our trees. <br />They are only $5 - $15 around here, but transportation and middlemen along the way must be gouging you.<br /><br />Any of you ever see a completely dried pine tree tossed into a fire? They burn so fast that they appear to explode.<br /><br />A 6' dry/brown tree, tossed into a campfire, will shoot flames 30' high, and 8' across at the bottom. Don't ask.

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer

Another alternative if you don't care for the fake tree is buying a live tree. We haven't had one for several years but you can find good deals on small trees.<br /><br />For around $25 - $40, you can get a 3' to 4' live tree with a ball wrapped in burlap. They make great Christmas trees and are almost as safe as the fake ones. They don't dry out or lose needles and look perfect throughout the holiday season.<br /><br />If you've got any yard at all and don't mind digging a small hole, this is a good choice, especially if you have a property line you'd like to define over the years.<br /><br />That video is frightening. We have a full alarm system but I think we may go back to the live tree option after seeing that! No alarm system can help when a fire develops that quickly! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

NYMINUTE

Captain

Great idea!!!!! Fire extingushers for all this Xmas. Bet my granddaughter will love one??

KennyKenCan

Commander

phatmanmike,<br /><br />Here on Long Island, we use the discarded X-Mas trees for dune reinforcement along our barrier beach, Fire Island. Without the tree reinforcement, there would be no barrier beach remaining. Our never ending battle to save our most precious resource.<br /><br />Maybe they could do the same down there in FL, for erosion problems?<br /><br />Just a thought.