Am i crazy for thinking like this?

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander
At around 6:30am this morning, thieves burglarised my business, they took off with approx $6000.00 worth of mens clothing and caused another $1200.00 worth of damage to property, this has angered me to the extent that i wished to scalp the perpetrators if i ever get to lay my hands on the culprits.<br />Initially i was not going to post my misfortune on the forum, however i am aware that one gets quite upset when they're violated in such situations but it's been a very long time since i felt such utter disdain at another beings existence, these are emotions which i seriously thought i had left behind in my days as an angry and troubled youth.<br />Has anyone ever had this sort of emotional reaction upon being victimised in this way?

gaugeguy

Captain
Re: Am i crazy for thinking like this?

Not crazy, just human. ;) I still get riled up from time to time when I've been wronged, but thankfully I've mellowed with age.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Not for a moment, I do and have. Often worse when I do something that causes me stress. Last one was overgreasing the wheel bearings. I was really ashamed of how I lost it. If it had been someone who had done it, well I glad it wasn't. You are OK

cmyers_uk

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Normal , perfectly understandable reaction.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Absolutely normal reaction. Thankfully no one on your side was hurt physically.<br /><br />Yes....choking the life out the idiots would make us all feel better.

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Not to side-track this thread, but NY, I'm confused about overgreasing bearings. Does that mean you over-charged the buddy-bearing adapters?

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I hate thieves! :mad: <br /><br />A perfectly normal reaction for me would have been to kick/punch the wall and throw some things around.<br /><br />Ken

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

It's so normal that if you DO actually get a chance to intiate vengiance, probably everyone here would hold it down while you did so.<br />Nobody wants such life forms breeding.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

I don't have a business, but a couple of years ago (some of you remember my posts) I had problems around my house. Stuff being stolen. The best thing I did was get a security system. There is not an area around my house now that you don't see a camera. <br /><br />One of the suspects was a friend of my son. I had a talk with the young man and told him this. "When you break the law by taking something that does not belong to you, what makes you think the person you stole it from isn't going to care about breaking the law by breaking your face"? I told him to think about that for awhile. When you hear about someone getting the crap beat out of them, there is most always a hidden reason. I told him, don't mess with me and I won't mess with you. Since then there hasn't been any problems except for the hole in my boat from a deer slug. Thats a whole different story.<br /><br />Elmer, you have every right to be torqued off. I hope they catch the lowlifes.

LubeDude

Admiral

And I was ticked off for a little kid terrorizing my house for two days.<br /><br />Sorry to hear, Its hard enough starting a new business without this kind of a loss.

Tinkerer

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Elmer<br /><br />You need to get things in perspective.<br /><br />Be calm. Like me.<br /><br />About ten years ago I noticed that my plastic hose reel and hose (worth all of maybe $20) had disappeared from my front garden. I couldn't have cared less about the hose reel but I was pi$$ed off beyond belief that someone thought they had the right to help themselve to my property.<br /><br />I'd used the hose the night before, so it was a fresh theft. <br /><br />I calmly assessed the situation. I calmly got an 18" length of water pipe. I calmly got into my calm car with my calming bit of water pipe. I calmly drove around my neighbourhood for an hour or so calmly examining gardens for my hose reel.<br /><br />Fortunately I didn't find it, because then I would have gone absolutely #$%^&*@ nuts!<br /><br />And who'd be in trouble then? It ain't worth it.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

We've known you were crazy for a while, EF, but this ain't an example of it. The "urge to kill" sure feels real at the time, don't it? But don't feel guilty about it unless you actually do it. Without good reason, I mean. In Texas, "he needed killin" is a valid defense to homicide. ;) <br /><br />I think you done good by not denying it; now you can let it go. That kind of hate can sure use up a lot of energy & distract you in ways you might not even realize.<br /><br />What are they gonna do with all those clothes? Flea markets? Garage sales? Drive around selling suits out the back of a van? Did the police have any idea? Just curious.

one more cast

Captain

My ex wife stole and sold or got rid of almost all of my possessions when I was ordered to stay away from MY house.I was also ordered to stay away from my step kids that I raised from age 2 til 10. Its been several years and every once in a while (like when I look for a tool that I know I had and its gone) I feel like I could do something really bad. I have to stop and think to myself that if I let this bother me this bad then I am no better then her. I also believe a higher power is taking care of it.

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by jtexas:<br /> <br /><br />What are they gonna do with all those clothes? Flea markets? Garage sales? Drive around selling suits out the back of a van? Did the police have any idea? Just curious.
Most probably they'll off load it by one of those methods, i've calmed down quite a bit since yesterday, i don't want to scalp anyone, it was just a metaphor to discribe my anger of being so vulnerable to this sort of crime.<br />The police dusted for prints which will be used in some form of elimination process, since in a retail establishment there are lots of people coming and going, i'm guessing that they're hoping to find a print matching someone with a previous record in such types of criminal backround.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br /> <br />arrrgg!! it's all coming back now, at present i would'nt mind having the sob's curcumcised with a hacksaw :eek: :D :D