aluminum v hull water leakleak

jeff winter

Cadet
I have a mid 70s 17 aluminum v-hull Sea Nymph that leaks water at a slow but irritating rate. Ive tried adding water to it from the inside to see where it leaks out of but cant seem to make it reverse leak. The consruction of the hull appears to be riveted aluminum panels over the same with some sort of sealer ( rubber, asphalt matting ) between the sheets. What external sealer ( inside of boat )can I put on the seams from the inside that would be worth the trouble and effort of resealing? ......... or should I just live with it ( I did install a cheap bilge pump to keep my shoes drier ). thanks for help! Jeff

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: aluminum v hull water leakleak

Jeff, Search gulvit, it's a fantastic 2 part epoxy especially for aluminum boats. works great. also available at the iboats store.

jeff winter

Cadet

Im assuming that Gulvit usage would require removing all interior paint before applying ??<br /><br />Is it thin or thick (like silicone)?<br /><br />Thanks for the steerage tashasdaddy.<br /><br />---------------------<br /><br />Work is the scourge of the drinking man

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

glad to help. i've got a 1960 14' Lonestar has never leaked a drop.

leebo95

Seaman Apprentice

jeff said:
I orderd Gulvit today....thanks guys. Jeff

Where from? I searched the net and only got back Scandinavian.
Lee

leebo95

Seaman Apprentice

leebo95 said:
jeff said:
I orderd Gulvit today....thanks guys. Jeff

Where from? I searched the net and only got back Scandinavian.
Lee

I found it once I got the spelling right.
Lee