ALUMINUM EDGING

msmorto

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Does anyone know where to buy the aluminum edging that goes around the floor access hatch.<br />Thank you.

Columbia

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: ALUMINUM EDGING

Aside from online offerings, I'd look for a big box harware store like Lowe's or Home Despot... Sometimes a flooring place carries a variety of trims.

CCrew

Chief Petty Officer

Actually if you're looking for the surround around the ski locker, it's just an extruded aluminum trim that's bent to fit the rectangle. I don't have a source for it though, sorry. Might actually be easier to find one at a boat recycling place and then cut the floor hole to match....Just a thought. <br /><br />-Roger

18rabbit

Captain

I just went thru this. Look in the yellow pages, under ‘metal’. Most of the places that sell extruded aluminum have a minimum order, anything from a 20-ft section to ½-ton. I just asked them to point me at a place that sells by the foot. It took 4 phone calls but finally someone was able to.<br /><br />Hint: look at any of the online catalogs for extruded aluminum to get an idea of the size/shape measurements so when you call you/they know exactly what you want. :)