Alright its time to start preparing... here goes nothing!

Aquaman-PSD

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Alright so this is a continuation of an earlier thread about my 87' Monarch fish and ski. I got a quote yesterday to get the floor replaced because I just don't have anywhere to do it and besides reading on here have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to fiberglass. Anywho... he gave me a quote to replace the floor of $900 not including carpet. The guy really knew his stuff and he did a full restore on my brother in-laws bayliner so I know he does good work. I just don't have that kind of money to give to him all at one time so I decided that i'm going for it later on this summer. I took up a lot of this guys time so I am still going to have him do some other work in the fall so it wasn't a complete waste of his time.
A couple of questions first. I will follow up with pictures as soon as I can. First off this is a fish and ski model that to me just looks like a fish model. It has the same profile of a bass boat. There is one small soft spot behind the drivers seat where somone attempted to patch a spot in the floor and failed to seal a hole they cut for a deck drain. I know I am looking at replacing the two stringers on that side of the boat but I think that is it. I can feel the stringers from the ski locker and the other ones are dry and solid, but ya never know. What I am confused on is floatation. I don't think there is floatation under the deck... There is a cube of foam that is heavily fiberglassed over on both the port and starboard side all the way against the transon. but thats all I could see. Is that possible? Second... how do you go about changing one stringer or part of one stringer? If there is only a small portion of rotten wood on the top can i just cut out down the nice dry wood and patch and and fiberglass the he** out of it?

I know there are hundreds of "floor Replacement" threads on here to draw from but i haven't seen one on a boat like this with casting decks on the back (a bass Boat). I don't want to rip out the casting decks becausee everything around them is solid. Also besides a 8'' dewalt grider and a tyvek suit and the obvious materials what else will I need? I am just replacing the floor, the running board on the sides are find and the casting decks are all plastic/fiberglass. Here is the best picture I have of the deck.IMAG0027.jpg

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Re: Alright its time to start preparing... here goes nothing!

And you started another thread about the same boat because....???? Have you read the forum rules????

Aquaman-PSD

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Alright its time to start preparing... here goes nothing!

I wasn't aware we were only allocated one thread per boat. My appologies I will go buy another one before starting another thread. Thanks for your help. My last thread was about weather or not I will have to replace the stringers not about actually getting into the work of replacing the floor and stringers.