Almost got the big bullet

wildbill59

Petty Officer 1st Class
Yesterday the bottom guy and me at our trucking co. got pulled into the bosses office. Due to the company wanting to look good to the shareholders and show a good 4th quarter we were to get our heads chopped. The bottom guy right then and me to know by 5 that night. <br /><br />Got the call while out peddling freight that I was gone as well. Well this morning the boss calls and says he pushed hard and I get to keep coming in. Whew!! I was expecting to sit home for 2-3 months and give out jerky and jelly for gifts. <br /><br />We slow done a bit during the hoildays and the company likes to save money and not have to payout for 3 holidays.<br /><br />We have work for 11-12 guys but some pencil pusher thinks 9 is just fine. If you see a blue and orange tractor trailer watch out. The guy behind the wheel might be a little on edge from working to much.<br /><br />It's getting sad in this country when companys are only focused on tomorrow instead of the future. <br />Have we sold the rope to hang ourselves?

eeboater

Commander
Re: Almost got the big bullet

Do you work for Yellow trucking? I think they are the trucks that are orange and blue...

wildbill59

Petty Officer 1st Class

Roadway eeboater. The corp. is called YellerRoadway. When Yeller bought us 2 years ago, which escapes me because we were exactly the same size companys they started talking about "Synergy" and management started toppling. Now that the easy "synergy" savings are gone the people that actually do anything are next. Call it rape and pilage, slash and burn. The lie that the 2 companys were to be run as seperate entities is all coming clear now. There is a clear message that the blender is now kicking into high gear and what spits out won't be a pleasant margarita.<br /><br />A word to ya'll. When the phrase "synergy" is heard, head for the hills!<br /><br />So E, When,How are we going to get rid of that crook, Diamond Jimmy Doyle?

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

Real Glad you survived wildbill! Right before Christmas Holiday is real hard. I know as I was "down sized" in late fall a couple decades ago. Single at the time so no family members suffered.<br /><br />I do believe that the nature of your profession can not be "out sourced" and that your job performance was considered in your remaining on board. Best to you!

treedancer

Commander

Hang in their wild bill you will be off for a while but after the first of the year get busy again.<br />you be screamin for some time off. <br /><br />Been there done that with Yellow.

wildbill59

Petty Officer 1st Class

Guess I'll just have to run for State Assembly again next year. Being a politician gives me more security for some reason.<br /><br />What bothered me the most was wanting to take a short cruise w/the wife of 25 years in January for a gift to her. Being on layoff , no money or being on the edge of not knowing, being able to plan sumptin like that is what's hard.

KaGee

Admiral

As bad as things look, count your blessings... others have it alot worse.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

dern, wb, did I read your post wrong? I thought you are still on the job?

cpj

Ensign

Glad ya dodged the bullet Wildbill. My dad retired from yellerway about 9 months ago. He was a couple years shy of full benefits,but, after the buy out he wasnt sure what they were going to do with his retirement plan. He could have stayed another 2 years and ended up with less, so he got got while the gettn was good.

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

Wild bill, I'm glad you dodged the "bullet'.......Though I am very suprised you did when I see that "Get Up" you are wearing in your avatar.....I just might shoot first, & ask questions later :p :) .....JK

wildbill59

Petty Officer 1st Class

PJC, no I still have the job but for how long? That's the kicker. As for the trip, nothing is firm. I'll just have to except whatever happens, happens and move on. Call me a pessimist but I forsee more doom and gloom for this "service economy" of ours.<br /><br />Haut, the getup was part of my campaign last year. that's my son in the pic. My daughter wore the same suit w/an elephant head. One of our CROOKED ex State Senators was just sentenced today, something my campaign dwelled on. Guess he's got it a little worse,6 months jail, $100,000 fine and best of all since he was a lawyer to begin with, loss of law license. He's now a lobbyist but will always be scum crust in my book. I feel sorry for his family, not him in the least.

BassMan283

Petty Officer 1st Class

Yep, the only word or phrase more ominous than "synergy" is "world class." Yeah baby, we're gonna be "world class!" Oh yeah, and your butt is out the door. Oh right, and that pension plan? History. Screws up our "synergy."

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by wildbill59:<br />So E, When,How are we going to get rid of that crook, Diamond Jimmy Doyle?
I have no clue... but if you have any ideas that might work, I'm willing to listen. I can only hope that people will have realized what kind of a Jack Doyle is and hopefully give him the axe. The problem with that "hope" or "theory" is that the voting population is stupid... and are swayed by lies and twisted truth's.<br /><br />Sean

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

Doyle will live or die based upon the outcome of the gas tax bill the Senate/Assembly may move forward to Doyles desk next week. <br /><br />If that bill goes to his desk, and Doyle vetos he should be done for the next election cycle. <br /><br />As well as those who vote not to over ride his veto as I understand the werkings.

KilroyJC

Petty Officer 1st Class

Glad you dodged the bullet!<br /><br />When they change the department name from <br />"PERSONNEL"<br />to<br />"HUMAN RESOURCES"<br />expect things to head for the large porcelain fixture.<br /><br />Usually the next thing that happens is "HUMAN RESOURCES" brings in the "EFFICIENCY EXPERT" to perform a "TIME-MOTION STUDY".<br /><br />Thant's when the lever on the large porcelain fixture gets actuated.<br /><br />After that, there are no morale problems whatsoever. There is zero morale to HAVE a problem with.

dogsdad

Lieutenant

I've told y'all what's up before, I'll tell y'all what's up again...we have been put into near direct competition with communist Chinese slave labor, and if'n we wanna keep our standard of living up like we are used to it, then we are all, each of us, gonna hafta work like six or eight communist Chinese slaves.<br /><br />They may not be on American soil vying for your jobs, but you are, nonetheless, competing with them.<br /><br />Oh, and some of us have had our jobs exported directly to communist China...happened to me four years ago. Seems they found someone who will do what I did for about 1/20th the cost, and now that same company is trying to sell me those goods.<br /><br />Funny, huh?

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

Maybe we can all go buy some more stuff at Walmart!

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

EE, with all do respect to wildbill and not hijacking his thread, the "stupid" you refer to here in WI are largely influenced via our WI media. The Milwaukee UrinalSentinal as well as Madison's Liberal news rag. Minneapolis? Twin Cities rags?<br /><br />Average Wisconsin citizens reading these rags that have the views they present have little else to form their opinions and beliefs on. As well as rural WI folks that receive TV and radio broadcasts. NPR is state wide. Belling and Sykes as well as other SE WI Conservative radio are local to SE WI only. Some National Conservative talking heads such as Shawn Hanity are carried state wide on AM radio, but they discuss National issues. Not Wisconsin's.<br /><br />I suggest ya quit referring to yer fellow citizens as STUPID until you sir provide a method to broadcast a media that will deliver an unbiased news as well as political viewpoint that can and does challenge what the current newspaper and broadcast media of the state of WI does.<br /><br />I do believe that a large portion of citizens digest information as well as news from the medias to form their opinions AND positions regarding how they will vote an issue.<br /><br />'nuff said............

eeboater

Commander

stu·pid<br /><br />1. Tending to make poor decisions or careless mistakes.<br /><br />--------------------------------------------<br /><br />I'm thinking that voting Doyle into office was a poor decision.<br /><br />Perhaps my fellow citizens should take their heads out of their a**es and figure out what they are doing instead of blindly voting.<br /><br />I think we're on the same team there PJC...