Alice cooper on bushbashers....

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander
Alice slams anti-Bush rockers<br /><br /><br />In the eyes of Alice Cooper, all the rock stars campaigning for Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry are guilty of one thing: treason. The shock-rock legend, a staunch Republican who attends NBA games in Phoenix with Arizona Senator John McCain, was disgusted when he learned of plans by R.E.M. and other bands to hold a series of concerts against our President. <br /><br />"To me, that's treason. I call it treason against rock 'n' roll," says Cooper, who began a 15-city Canadian tour on Aug. 20 in Thunder Bay, Ont.<br /><br />Alice Cooper is one of the high-profile musicians who've proclaimed support for Bush. The list of pop-culture Republicans includes Britney Spears, Toby Keith and Ted Nugent, the latter being one of Cooper's old buddies from his early days in Detroit. <br /><br />Not that Britney is someone to be proud of being on the rebublicans side :)

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant
Re: Alice cooper on bushbashers....

Yeah,<br />But she sure is better for the eyes!! :D :D <br /><br />AK Chappy

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Alice Cooper is a nice guy. Smart,too!

PW2

Commander

This is one thing I don't understand. Most of the Kerry bashing on this site, for example, has been because you folks don't like him.<br /><br />The Bush criticism, which you folks seem to want to call treason, revolve around his actions and policies.<br /><br />And after all we have gone thru over the last decade, and being constantly inundated with anti-Clinton, anti-whatever stuff non-stop since the day he won the election in 92, how could you possibly think that this current president should somehow be immune to any criticism?<br /><br />If his policies are good for the American people, and the country as a whole, they should stand a little scrutiny, as Clinton's did.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

I think its a little differnt to critise and to have a full blown concert where it become much more than critism. I believe Treason is a word that is a bit stong at this point but.......many people (proteters in NY) seem to walk a fine line. I believe Coopers words may be a little tounge in cheek. <br /><br />Qoute<br /><br />"To me, that's treason. I call it treason against rock 'n' roll," says Cooper,

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

That's one thing people don't know about Alice Cooper. He is rather intelegent. They poked fun of it in the Movie "Wayne's World."

tylerin

Commander

Scratch (0 handicap) golfer too. Highly intelligent man

Butch Ammon

Petty Officer 1st Class

True... Another thing that Alice Cooper "hides" from the rock crowd:<br /><br />He is a VERY VERY good golfer. Alice has something like a #1 handicap, or a scratch golfer! :) {he is almost like country artist Vince Gill. But, Vince Gill is so good, he has actually beaten the pros.}<br /><br />Butch A.<br /><br />Edit: Oops, tylerin, you beat me to it. ;)

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

"To me, that's treason. I call it treason against rock 'n' roll," says Cooper.<br /><br />He said it's treason against Rock and Roll, not the president.<br /><br />He also said ealier that anyone that takes presidental voting advice from a musician is a moron, or something to that effect.<br /><br />That is the smartest thing I have ever heard from any musician.<br /><br />Ken

rogerwa

Commander

Clinton id not receive anywhere near this barrage of attack. I don't remember any concerts organized against him. I don't remember any actors threatening ot leave the country if he was elected. I don't remember the mainstream media concocting stories to bring him down.<br /><br />If Kerry was a republican he'd be toast already.<br /><br />All this in light of the fact that we witnessed him actually lie on television to the American people.

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by PW2:<br /> And after all we have gone thru over the last decade, and being constantly inundated with anti-Clinton, anti-whatever stuff non-stop since the day he won the election in 92, how could you possibly think that this current president should somehow be immune to any criticism?<br /><br />If his policies are good for the American people, and the country as a whole, they should stand a little scrutiny, as Clinton's did.
Which Clinton policy are you referring to PW?? Clinton's decision to provide nuclear technology to the North Koreans or the one to allow Oral Sex with Interns in the Oval Office?? Maybe it's the one to committ Perjury? Or, the record number setting "Executive Orders", subverting the normal process given to the Congress by the Constitution? And I would really appreciate it if he could tell me how to turn $1000 into $100,000 in cattle futures. Shall I name more??<br /><br />Are you saying these are not legitimate to debate? :confused: <br /><br />What you call criticisms of my President's policies by the left are usually just mean spirited personal name calling. Attempts to debate are filled with distortion and out and out lies! Legitimate criticisms are few and far between. And that's what gets me fired up! :mad:

f_inscreenname

Commander

You have to love Alice. No public relations BS he tells it like it is. To quote one of my favorite songs by A.C. “I am going to drive you like a hammer on a bed of nails”.

knobby

Chief Petty Officer

Alice who? Didn't she run around with a guy sho sniffed too much acetone in the hat factory? Maybe I'm mixed up...

dogsdad

Lieutenant

Originally posted by PW2:<br /> This is one thing I don't understand. Most of the Kerry bashing on this site, for example, has been because you folks don't like him.<br /><br />The Bush criticism, which you folks seem to want to call treason, revolve around his actions and policies.<br /><br />And after all we have gone thru over the last decade, and being constantly inundated with anti-Clinton, anti-whatever stuff non-stop since the day he won the election in 92, how could you possibly think that this current president should somehow be immune to any criticism?<br /><br />If his policies are good for the American people, and the country as a whole, they should stand a little scrutiny, as Clinton's did.
You have got to be kidding, PW2!<br /><br />All the democrats can do is spew hatred for Bush, it's the only thing they have in common. Kerry has no stance, other than BAHOOGAWAGA!<br /><br />Kerry is the one who made his service in Vietnam the centerpiece of his campaign, and he is the one being called out by veterans who could not get three superficial wounds in a matter of four months to get a ticket home. And Kerry is the one who sold out his brother-in-arms and consorted with the enemy. He may as well have had the word "TRAITOR" tattooed across his forehead.<br /><br />If Bush said the sky is blue, Kerry would say it is not. BAHOOGAWAGA!<br /><br />If Bush said there is no terrorist threat, Kerry would say there is. BAHOOGAWAGA!<br /><br />If Bush said there IS a terrorist threat, Kerry would say there is NOT. BAHOOGAWAGA!<br /><br />Whatever Kerry says, all the mind-numbed robots of the left simply repeat it. BAHOOGAWAGA!<br /><br />Here's the bottom line: we do not like Kerry because he is a despicable man who will say anything to get into a position of power.<br /><br />-dd-

knobby

Chief Petty Officer

I bet he'd even fix an election if he could to get elected.

SCO

Lieutenant

Come on Knobby. Democrats are the ones that screwed up the Florida Balloting. The business about intimidating black voters is a lie perped by the dems. The dems counted every hanging chad that they could and still lost. The Supreme court is not In W's pocket. This is all you've got??? What a bunch of sore losers. You did everything possible to steal the election but couldn't pull it off and you are still saying that's what we did?????

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Alice Cooper... Another former addict.. Sure, his mind is right.... :rolleyes:

tylerin

Commander

Originally posted by snapperbait:<br /> Alice Cooper... Another former addict.. Sure, his mind is right.... :rolleyes:
With all the brain cells he's killed I'd still bet my eye teeth he has a higher IQ than Kerry

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by PW2:<br /> This is one thing I don't understand. Most of the Kerry bashing on this site, for example, has been because you folks don't like him.<br /><br />The Bush criticism, which you folks seem to want to call treason, revolve around his actions and policies..
I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't dislike Kerry... I loathe Kerry. Not for his stand on the issues, because I do not know what they are. Does anyone?<br />I loathe him for the aid and confort he gives the enemies of my country. And he has allways been this way WITHOUT EXCEPTION..Don't belive me? Check his record. If it's an American military objective, Kerry is against it, to the point of siding with our enemy. Some of the left are blind to this trait of his, because they dispise Bush as much as I despise Kerry.<br />The difference (other than the canidate), is the lack of ethics praticed by the left for Kerry, that galvanizes my seathing hatered for him. The libs have even offered sex for votes! <br /> Here's proof, but it's not for kids! <br /><br /><br />
Originally posted by PW2:<br /><br />And after all we have gone thru over the last decade, and being constantly inundated with anti-Clinton, anti-whatever stuff non-stop since the day he won the election in 92, how could you possibly think that this current president should somehow be immune to any criticism?<br />
Last DECADE? Poor guy....Try the last 40 years of social programs and tax increases. Of capitulation and dumbing-down in government schools, of those who would be our future.<br />Some of us (again, i can only tell you how I feel), are sick of being lied to, sold-out, taxed beyond our ability to function, and ignored.<br />I'm a firm believer in the system of government we had, and can only hope that it still is functional, and the populous see the canidates for what they represent for our future.<br />I've made up my mind, and so have you. My main concern now is, how the niegbors are voting.<br />I guess we will have to wait for Nov 2nd for the outcome of that, PW.<br />I can relate to the "anti"-stuff too. I'm anti-big government, anti-tax and spend, anti-bending over and grabbiing ankles anymore.<br />I'm sick of being told one thing, and given another. Bush is as much polotician as Kerry, has given away more of my money than Clinton has, and promised to give more away. so if I were to cast my vote on that fact alone, I might've sat-out this election. But seeing how there is a global war we need to be victorious in, I see no hope in the alternative politician, (Kerry).<br /><br /><br />
Originally posted by PW2:<br /><br />If his policies are good for the American people, and the country as a whole, they should stand a little scrutiny, as Clinton's did.
I am looking forward to the debates. It is said the Kerry is the best debator ever. It is also said that Bush is amoung the worse. So you may be wondering why a Bush advocate like me would be looking forward to the debate series so much---<br />One reason. Bush has integrity and honesty on his end of the table. Kerry has flip-flop, make-it-up-on-the-fly tactics.<br />It's hard to defend BS, but very easy to defend the truth.