Albino??

gaugeguy

Captain
I have spent a ton of time in the woods in my life, but this morning I saw something for the very first time, and I'll probably never see one again in my life.<br /><br />An albino blue jay, white as a ghost sitting on a branch, in a tree beside the road. I stopped and looked at it for over a minute, not believing what I was seeing. When I snapped out of my trance, I reached for my camera to snap a photo of him, but he flew away before I could capture this amazing sight. :( <br /><br />Anyone have stories about seeing other albino animals in the wild? I have seen an albino (piebold) deer before also.

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Albino??

I have seen piebold deer as well as a true albino doe, and one albino rabbit in the wild. I have seen several albino animals in captivity including an elk, that was kinda a sick lookin dude. If ya get down that road regularily keep your eyes out for him, you may get the oppertunity to see him again...shouldn't be to hard to spot if he's there. :)

gaugeguy

Captain

I got lost on the south side of Chicago one time after leaving Midway airport, I'm sure all the folks in those neighborhoods thought I was an albino :D

tylerin

Commander

An albino blue jay, white as a ghost sitting on a branch
Yea Yea thats what it was. It was a... blue jay, thats right, it was a....albino blue jay, yea yea thats what it was, :D

ehenry

Commander

Ditto on the deer and i've seen an albino squirrel and coon too.

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by tylerin:<br />
An albino blue jay, white as a ghost sitting on a branch
Yea Yea thats what it was. It was a... blue jay, thats right, it was a....albino blue jay, yea yea thats what it was, :D
Better than a pink elephant, now where did I hide that bottle :D

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Yep, an albino for sure.<br />I have seen white racoons and white skunks also.<br /><br />Once seen a white bear too. :eek: <br /><br />Oh yea, that was a polar bear, my bad. :p

tylerin

Commander

From a Gaugeguy E-mail
One time I drank so much Tylerin, the iboats beauty queen started looking real sexy
Now with that said, you sure you weren't seeing things again Gaugeguy :p

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by tylerin:<br />From a Gaugeguy E-mail
One time I drank so much Tylerin, the iboats beauty queen started looking real sexy
Now with that said, you sure you weren't seeing things again Gaugeguy :p
Dang man, can't believe you shared our private correspondence :D <br /><br />There may be enough beer in the world to make her look hot, but I don't know if "liquid man" would make me see a white blue jay ;)

JGREGORY

Lieutenant

Ditto, SBN's skunk saw an all white on in upstate PA once. We used to have a 10 point albino buck running around my Aunts place until some jackass shot him during hunting season. :mad: :mad: <br /><br />Some things just should not be killed but left for all to enjoy. IMHO That's why I carry a camera when I go hunting.

18rabbit

Captain

some jackass shot him during hunting season
So what are you saying? … the jackass should have shot the albino buck outside hunting season? :D

Carphunter

Commander

pssssst,...........I'm still here, I'm just being very quiet. ;) <br /><br />All the "jackass" did was cull the inferior genes from the gene pool.............right? :p <br /><br />I carry a camera when I go hunting also, to photo my trophy that day. :p

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by Carphunter:<br />pssssst,...........I'm still here, I'm just being very quiet. ;) <br /><br />All the "jackass" did was cull the inferior genes from the gene pool.............right? :p <br /><br />I carry a camera when I go hunting also, to photo my trophy that day. :p
Even if it has a bikini on, right Carpy? ;)

JoeW

Senior Chief Petty Officer

As a kid I once caught an albino weasle in my garage. Weird thing was the house was in San Francisco. My mother called the local petting zoo and donated it to them. They ended up naming it after my mother. :D

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Several years ago I had an albino ferret as a pet. Spent $150 on him & $200 for a cage, etc. Kept him about 2 months before the musk smell finally forced me to get rid of him. I was giving him 2 baths a day, and he was still overpowering. A friend of mine (who's STILL my friend) bought him & the cage for $100, even though I warned him of the smell. "Not a problem," he said. He kept him only a month before GIVING him & the cage away!<br />We have an albino squirrel that visits our back yard daily. Always said he'd look good stuffed & mounted on my mantle. The wife doesn't find that funny, though. Oh well, maybe in the next life...

tylerin

Commander

Curious, gaugeguy howd you know it was a bluejay and not a ...........cardinal or a robin or... ;)

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

about 2 mo. ago seen a 99% albino deer walking<br />along side the I90 thruway... had a few brown<br />spots on hind quarters (roast). cat brought in <br />albino weasal once, but dog swallowed whole b4<br />I could get good look.